Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months

offshoremanxman

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Probably because of a few dickheads spreading rumours of closure!

They wrote the sign. People only seem to be commenting on what they saw. The original note was in black pen there is now a new note gone up in blue pen. But the original sign which said “indefinitely closed” was still there Saturday  

Edited by BriT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BriT said:

They have actually changed the sign in the last 24 hours. It now says holidays it did say indefinitely closed. 

It quite categorically stated it was closed for the foreseeable future whilst they assess the situation. You are correct it didn’t say they were closed for holidays. Unfortunately some on here don’t believe what we saw. They seem to think we are scaremongering. 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

It quite categorically stated it was closed for the foreseeable future whilst they assess the situation. You are correct it didn’t say they were closed for holidays. Unfortunately some on here don’t believe what we saw. They seem to think we are scaremongering. 

Which you were as owners posted on Facebook a few days ago that they were on holidays!! They had to send someone from family to alter sign to stop you!!

Edited by Banker
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Which you were as owners posted on Facebook a few days ago that they were on holidays!! They had to send someone from family to alter sign to stop you!!

If they went on holiday why didn’t they do a simple notice to say closed due to holiday reopen on ‘x’ date. Unless someone was taking the piss? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If they went on holiday why didn’t they do a simple notice to say closed due to holiday reopen on ‘x’ date. Unless someone was taking the piss? 

The holiday FB post has now turned up in my feed as a sponsored ad. So not only have they changed the sign they’ve put some spend behind the holiday announcement. But their original sign on the door was very clear. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

They’re on holidays, if you’re concerned perhaps message them on their Facebook page & ask them rather than starting rumours!! They are replying regularly to messages so I’ll keep an eye out for yours 😀

Where have I started any rumour? I simply said that I’d seen the sign and what it said was that they were closing for an indefinite period. That isn’t starting a rumour it’s relaying facts. If they have now changed the sign then it’s their own fault if they have started false rumours. But the notice was fairly clear. It’s fairly well know that they been looking at their options for a while. It wouldn’t surprise me that when it re-opens it will re-open with a new owner. 

• Haha 1

The UK Government making announcement today that the energy price cap being extended to cover businesses, for 6 months. I don’t know how IOMG are going to manage, they certainly won’t get Island Energy to play ball, and I can’t see anymore energy costs assistance or even anymore financial help for businesses. At the risk of ‘scaremongering’ I think there’s going to be weekly roll call of businesses closing down or at least suspending business till further he situation improves. 

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The UK Government making announcement today that the energy price cap being extended to cover businesses, for 6 months. I don’t know how IOMG are going to manage, they certainly won’t get Island Energy to play ball, and I can’t see anymore energy costs assistance or even anymore financial help for businesses. At the risk of ‘scaremongering’ I think there’s going to be weekly roll call of businesses closing down or at least suspending business till further he situation improves. 

Isn’t there a Tynwald meeting Thursday to discuss costs of living