Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months

offshoremanxman

27 minutes ago, 2112 said:

So far in the great Tynpotwald Cost of Living debate - waffle, waffle, and bullshit. Ashford agreeing in agreement with Allinson - now there is a surprise. I did expect new ideas, suggestions, and maybe admissions that this is only the start - no such luck. Clare Christian has come close with her concerns, but she is wasting her time as the COMIN has made up its mind. 

Allinson said nothing at all.  KLB is lauding funding heat-hubs as if it isn't a policy failure on their behalf.  Heat hubs for fuck sake. 

Like the UK they are blaming Ukraine without actually blaming the energy producers blatant profiteering. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Allinson said nothing at all.  KLB is lauding funding heat-hubs as if it isn't a policy failure on their behalf.  Heat hubs for fuck sake. 

Agree - the whole concept of heat hubs is an admission of policy failure. We can’t help vulnerable people heat their own homes so let’s bung the local Darby & Joan Club or the Sally Army a few quid so they can all huddle round a 25 year old Kosangas heater and watch Only Fools & Horses re-runs on someone else’s telly. It’s that Brexit blitz spirit we all aspire to in an emergency! It’s pathetic. And how are people going to get to these heat hubs - presumably on a £2 bus ride or using precious and expensive petrol in someone’s car just so they can save 10p on electricity? It’s so badly thought out it’s laughable. 

Edited by Newsdesk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Agree - the whole concept of heat hubs is an admission of policy failure. We can’t help vulnerable people heat their own homes so let’s bung the local Darby & Joan Club or the Sally Army a few quid so they can all huddle round a 25 year old Kosangas heater and watch Old Fools & Horses re-runs on someone else’s telly. It’s that Brexit blitz spirit we all aspire to in an emergency! It’s pathetic. And how are people going to get to these heat hubs - presumably on a £2 bus ride or using precious and expensive petrol in someone’s car just so they can save 10p on electricity? It’s so badly thought out it’s laughable. 

And after all that they have to go home to a cold empty house ,and build the temperature up again , 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Omobono said:

And after all that they have to go home to a cold empty house ,and build the temperature up again , 

Exactly it’s bollocks. It’s got to the point now that everything is so totally fucked that these idiots don’t have a hope in hell of doing anything about anything. But the covid delusion has still convinced world governments that their role is to “protect” people by making their lives 10x worse than they used to be. 

• Like 1

CM Cannan claiming that IOM electricity is cheaper than the UK. At least in the UK if I don’t like one supplier I can switch to another. IOM - take it or leave it total state monopoly and monopoly on the gas supplier.

CM Cannan again aiming digs at social media etc. They haven’t a clue and Allinson just keeps waffling.

The Cost of Living “debate” has been laughable. Lots of waffle and meaningless statements from a series of nodding dogs.

I note that Mr Cannan excused the lack of support for single people by saying they are more likely to be able to save money. Single people on a fixed income or salary which is equivalent to the supposed living wage are in fuel poverty. I didn’t catch anybody referencing the minimum or living wage in their waffle, so presumably the figure has no relevance when it doesn’t suit government.

2 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

The Cost of Living “debate” has been laughable. Lots of waffle and meaningless statements from a series of nodding dogs.

I note that Mr Cannan excused the lack of support for single people by saying they are more likely to be able to save money. Single people on a fixed income or salary which is equivalent to the supposed living wage are in fuel poverty. I didn’t catch anybody referencing the minimum or living wage in their waffle, so presumably the figure has no relevance when it doesn’t suit government.

People earning £65k cannot truly understand the cost of living emergency 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan claiming that IOM electricity is cheaper than the UK. At least in the UK if I don’t like one supplier I can switch to another. IOM - take it or leave it total state monopoly and monopoly on the gas supplier.

CM Cannan again aiming digs at social media etc. They haven’t a clue and Allinson just keeps waffling.

1. It is cheaper.
  2. Switching in the UK is almost impossible atm.

2 hours ago, Manx Resident said:

He's delusional. I'm single . How the hell do you save money in these times.  Firstly you've one person only contributing to rates and insurances before you take in gas and electric. Again one contributing which arguably would cost similar or a slight increase if two or more. Cost of food would be more but cooking it in most cases will be a similiar to a person on there own. I could go on . And he's the top of the tree and previously the Treasury minister  . I'd like him to come back and justify his claims as against mine above. Incredible really that he could be so out of touch . Or is it !?? . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3