Jump to content

Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months


offshoremanxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The NPM this morning leading with Tim but Two (Tim Johnston MHK Ayre and Micheal) waffling on about the island having got used to cheap food. Unless I’m mistaken Manx grown produce and other locally made food products have never been cheap, possibly affordable to certain groups within society. Bread isn’t cheap unless you are lucky to get from Tesco or the cheap bread from Shopshite. No doubt Ashie will be monitoring the situation, and the farmers looking for more government support. 

Are you just referring to Manx made bread here? Don't buy those you are talking about so not sure if they're Manx or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Are you just referring to Manx made bread here? Don't buy those you are talking about so not sure if they're Manx or not.

Ramsey Bakery is expensive and always has been. However bread prices in the UK has been rising. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Ramsey Bakery is expensive and always has been. However bread prices in the UK has been rising. 

Ramsey Bakery is very expensive, I agree.

I ask as M&S bread is 65p. 

I think it's the best available and probably the cheapest.

Don't think this is much at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

Ramsey Bakery is very expensive, I agree.

I ask as M&S bread is 65p. 

I think it's the best available and probably the cheapest.

Don't think this is much at all.

65p is good value, I’ve had the bread you mentioned. Shopshite do a cheap £1 loaf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Isn't M&S bread made by Ramsey Bakery?

Not that I'm aware of and is very different in style to what they normally produce.

I'd have to look and see who's credited on the packaging (if anyone). 

Would beg the question as to why they charge 3 x as much though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Not that I'm aware of and is very different in style to what they normally produce.

I'd have to look and see who's credited on the packaging (if anyone). 

Would beg the question as to why they charge 3 x as much though. 

M&S have their own recipes for lots of their own branded foods.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Ramsey Bakery is very expensive, I agree.

I ask as M&S bread is 65p. 

I think it's the best available and probably the cheapest.

Don't think this is much at all.

Depends if you want to support locally produced food or just rely on cheap imports, when boats don’t go not much food 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do Noa? I’ve always wanted to know the secret ingredients required to be able to make bread you can smash your own teeth with.

It's a closely guarded secret, shared only with local dentists....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Banker said:

Depends if you want to support locally produced food or just rely on cheap imports, when boats don’t go not much food 

best value for money bread is in Tesco  multi seed  at £1.05    it used to be 85 pence a few months ago  but it is still very good bread and excellent quality in sandwiches  or as toast ,  similar product in Shoprite is 70 pence more expensive  

in these times of higher prices  we have to shop around  but sadly the person who compiles  prices in the government basket of food figures , seems to be completely out of touch with reality , perhaps thats why they have been relegated to an office in St Johns where there isn't even a local shop anymore 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do Noa? I’ve always wanted to know the secret ingredients required to be able to make bread you can smash your own teeth with.

Whilst you’re joking sourdough is actually the cheapest bread you can make which makes the prices they charge all the more ridiculous.

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...