Firm closing

finlo

11 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

You can’t even fart without the approval of IOMG. 

This across all sectors, as I've posted many times before we are drowning in red tape ! As we have an island full of administrators who add eff all to GDP, but just empire build to keep their pencil necks in a non job.

It's not going to alter until a large number are shipped out into the private sector to work, but then MHK's would lose their block vote. Business and investment are strangled by these people.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, asitis said:

This across all sectors, as I've posted many times before we are drowning in red tape ! As we have an island full of administrators who add eff all to GDP, but just empire build to keep their pencil necks in a non job.

It's not going to alter until a large number are shipped out into the private sector to work, but then MHK's would lose their block vote. Business and investment are strangled by these people.

Half of it is probably to address Moorhouse questions about the type of plastic bottles used.

Ultimately it is driven by local politics, if there is any kind of issue or sniff of a scandal it would be fingers pointed at DEFA, and then that drives the onerous lease terms.

4 hours ago, asitis said:

A recurring theme of the last two days at the government conference has been red tape. Government just don’t get it about how difficult it is to do anything no matter how simple here and how many ‘computer says no’ jobsworths they employ. It’s not going to change either as the gap between perception and reality is far too wide for them to even see from their ivory towers. 

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

A recurring theme of the last two days at the government conference has been red tape. Government just don’t get it about how difficult it is to do anything no matter how simple here and how many ‘computer says no’ jobsworths they employ. It’s not going to change either as the gap between perception and reality is far too wide for them to even see from their ivory towers. 

That's because they have been increasingly risk averse. No one, it seems, can make a decision these days without referral to the AG's office. And probably for good reason. The issue with that though is that policy only seems to apply to some and not all departments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The KPMG report outlines the CSP industry as the largest tax take for the Government, not e gaming, not construction etc.

This industry is being destroyed by Government and the FSC with red tape up to the hilt, not supervision or transparency just bureaucracy for bureaucrats sake, much of it making no sense at all, coupled with draconian threats and penalties for the most minor indiscretion. If they eff it up much more they will shoot themselves in the foot.

I fully agree with compliance but pettiness is something different entirely.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

The KPMG report outlines the CSP industry as the largest tax take for the Government, not e gaming, not construction etc.

This industry is being destroyed by Government and the FSC with red tape up to the hilt, not supervision or transparency just bureaucracy for bureaucrats sake, much of it making no sense at all, coupled with draconian threats and penalties for the most minor indiscretion. If they eff it up much more they will shoot themselves in the foot.

I fully agree with compliance but pettiness is something different entirely.

The bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake is our really strong point. True story .....

I look after a company for a friend and fill in his Annual Return for him. Last year I sent it to him and said please check and sign where appropriate.  The return was rejected even though I couldn't see how. It turns out he signed it by printing his name Joe Bloggs and signing. Rejected because he did not write his full name Joe Peter Bloggs

• Haha 2