Jump to content

Firm closing


finlo
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

Oscars have very limited opening hours now- Thurs and Fri evenings, all day Saturday, Sunday daytime. Which is the direction more places will be going in.

I had a panic the other week with a client coming over on a Monday and trying to find any decent place to eat that’s actually open on a Monday. It’s only going to get worse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2022 at 6:14 PM, NoTailT said:

umour has it Portofino is shutting in the NY.

Good. 
never have i been food raped as much as this place.

then that ‘Italian’ convince you to spend an additional £150 per shot on the “aged” brandy. When everyone knows it’s a 10 quid coop brandy. 

C&£T

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Good. 
never have i been food raped as much as this place.

then that ‘Italian’ convince you to spend an additional £150 per shot on the “aged” brandy. When everyone knows it’s a 10 quid coop brandy. 

C&£T

Agreed - The Manx Gaelic translation of the Italian word Ciapelli is “Lying Cunt” in a different dialect from Sicily it’s “Thief” good riddance to Portofino and hopefully Enzo’s - waste of skin the pair of them there will be a bank holiday in catering circles the day the pair finally “close” I just hope all suppliers get paid this time - Other eateries are available 

ETA - on behalf of my friend whom Mario owes in excess of £20k to but conveniently closed the company that owed it or Enzo who left his wife and kids with a Coroners Repo notice on the front door putting them essentially out on the street Ciao fucking Bella.

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BriT said:

I had a panic the other week with a client coming over on a Monday and trying to find any decent place to eat that’s actually open on a Monday. It’s only going to get worse.

Monday has been a tricky night for years. Restaurants always open Saturday so Monday is a Restaurants Saturday.

I don't think it has got better or worse to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Agreed - The Manx Gaelic translation of the Italian word Ciapelli is “Lying Cunt” in a different dialect from Sicily it’s “Thief” good riddance to Portofino and hopefully Enzo’s - waste of skin the pair of them there will be a bank holiday in catering circles the day the pair finally “close” I just hope all suppliers get paid this time - Other eateries are available 

ETA - on behalf of my friend whom Mario owes in excess of £20k to but conveniently closed the company that owed it or Enzo who left his wife and kids with a Coroners Repo notice on the front door putting them essentially out on the street Ciao fucking Bella.

He has a reputation for not paying bills. Always has had. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robinsons on Cooil road used to have  a naughty list and those firms had to pay at the time of purchase . The list was right at the tills and anyone could see it 😉

This was before covid and they have now had a re design of the store .. Dont know if they still have the list ( or maybe they don't offer items via invoice these days due to the risk)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...