Firm closing

finlo

59 minutes ago, BriT said:

I totally agree. It’s like communism has ended and now we don’t have to pick the weevils out of the sad state milled bread anymore. Plus prices haven’t gone up that much either considering how expensive their bread already was anyway. 

Manx milk next with the latest price increase. We’re saving money on better quality bread bought at Tescos. Now it will be Cravendale milk from the Co-op to save about a quid on a few litres on milk. You can bet there will be an initiative coming around shortly about “buying local” as thousands of people find that they can no longer afford to buy local. 

Just now, Bandits said:

Manx milk next with the latest price increase. We’re saving money on better quality bread bought at Tescos. Now it will be Cravendale milk from the Co-op to save about a quid on a few litres on milk. You can bet there will be an initiative coming around shortly about “buying local” as thousands of people find that they can no longer afford to buy local. 

Wait until the next hike in electricity prices...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Wait until the next hike in electricity prices...

To be honest I’m not bothered too much about that. Everything I have now is ultra low power usage and solar for the hot water. It’s food prices that are really going to hit. The Co-op put all its prices up about 20% across the board yesterday as new supplies came in. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Bandits said:

To be honest I’m not bothered too much about that. Everything I have now is ultra low power usage and solar for the hot water. It’s food prices that are really going to hit. The Co-op put all its prices up about 20% across the board yesterday as new supplies came in. 

If they can't get you on the unit cost they'll have you on the standing charge!

Also there seems to be zero issues in getting a loaf when you need it despite whats of people thought. I dont eat much bread tbh so cant be arsed going into town to Tesco or M and S just pick up a loaf wherever I am when I need one. Got to say I'm noticing the leccie rises . All a bit worrying for many I'm sure .  

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But, as was discussed on a previous thread, there are clearly also those in the area who are worried about noise from an outside licenced area operating year-round and seven days a week well into the evenings.

....and as we as discussed on a previous thread, they were given their chance initially to put their case forward and it was dismissed.

Then one of them doesn't like that decision so appeals. To be honest that shouldn't have been allowed as he didn't make any new claims, just the original ones.

There are old folk all over the island that don't want bars or clubs. If you've been to the place, you'd realise it's not like that and likely never would be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Got to say I'm noticing the leccie rises . All a bit worrying for many I'm sure .  

Vicious rumours circulating about further huge gas price rises too, I was being told about another 40% yesterday too 🙁

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Vicious rumours circulating about further huge gas price rises too, I was being told about another 40% yesterday too 🙁

I heard the same. Very worrying times.  Dr Alex seems to have burried his head in the sand and is now AWOL until October.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I heard the same. Very worrying times.  Dr Alex seems to have burried his head in the sand and is now AWOL until October.

Allinson and Callister will be running for cover when half their constituents can’t afford to heat their homes. No amount of empty platitudes will prepare them for the anger. 

3 hours ago, Bandits said:

Allinson and Callister will be running for cover when half their constituents can’t afford to heat their homes. No amount of empty platitudes will prepare them for the anger. 

Their workers are going to be busy disconnecting everybody that can't pay aren't they?