Sefton received over 3 million in covid support.

cissolt

How did Howard get nearly £60k on the strategic capacity scheme when he rented the cottages out on a permanent rental during COVID?

I know a guy and his brother are renting two of the cottages from HQ on traditional rental because that's what he did with them over COVID.

Absolutely shameful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Youaintseenme said:

Is it an awful figure?  What would have been acceptable for two big hotels who kept their staff on and still had to pay suppliers, bank loans, utilities etc while their income stream was absolutely decimated?

Yes it is. A lot of other businesses got nowhere near as much help as this lot. Bloody disgraceful. To add insult to injury, the nightcrawler tells us they don't have money for ongoing support for business. They should have left that clown in health

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

We had to use ours and then borrow in order to keep the business open. Other alternative would have been to close the doors and let nine staff go. With 15 million in reserve they could and should have declined the covid payments in order for smaller/one man band businesses receive a little more. Fucking parasites

I agree.

But. Isn't the strategic capacity scheme different than all the others i.e. it was always designed to be easy to access?

How many rooms does Sefton represent?

The other schemes were hoop after hoop we know that.

Edited by NoTailT

Just now, NoTailT said:

I agree.

But. Isn't the strategic capacity scheme different than all the others i.e. it was always designed to be easy to access?

How many rooms does Sefton represent?

The other schemes were hoop after hoop we know that.

None of the schemes were easy to access. I suspect they were planned that way.

The Sefton Group will be a little too accustomed to easy access to the Govt trough to consider anything else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Probably just a poorly formatted document, but the Sefton appears below Andrew Smith. I wasn’t aware that Andrew Smith was connected to the Sefton group? 

He's not I'm pretty sure 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Half a million pounds for one month!? The sefton always do very well out of government.  What would their normal income look like?  

Some other interesting figures, Mr Baker did very well at the bowling alley.

277538357_3099477506985976_3464697750463115984_n.jpg

277797039_3099477476985979_6855669860805681951_n.jpg

277573971_3099477486985978_6240976955250031288_n.jpg

If you look at the dates, the April 2020 payment was probably against TT being cancelled, and it is a further 6 months before the next claim is paid, probably reflecting the cancellation of MGP.  After that, the claims are pretty consistent both in amount and frequency. 

Then you look at the reserves and see there is a substantial loss being carried forward, the comparative position shows a relatively stable position, but  we don't know if over a longer term  the accumulated loss was increasing or reducing. 

The headline figure sounds breathtaking, but if you dig a little deeper it may become a little more rational and understandable. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1