Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Dontlookbehindyou

The X Factor

There's something fundamentally wrong about you.

Apparently he is now the only person in Ramsey who gets booed when they do karaoke, which says a lot. Poor fella.

This weeks episode was ace, the hanky panky woman was dreadful and simon looked mortified when she started slapping herself. And Lord of Steel was good, "when I'm angry my face changes colour, it goes completely black" lmfao.

Apparently he is now the only person in Ramsey who gets booed when they do karaoke, which says a lot. Poor fella.

Lol, that ain't entirely true, most people are pretty cool about it actually :P Of course, I have had a bit of stick about it... but I knew that would happen even before I went on!

Most of the stick was directed towards that dang picture actually... if I could change anything about the whole experience, it would definately be that! Lol :D

Lol, that ain't entirely true, most people are pretty cool about it actually :P Of course, I have had a bit of stick about it... but I knew that would happen even before I went on!

Most of the stick was directed towards that dang picture actually... if I could change anything about the whole experience, it would definately be that! Lol :D

You haven't actually been shown on the telly yet I don't think?

You haven't actually been shown on the telly yet I don't think?

Well, I've been on a few times in short bursts! :D

They had me on the Xtra Factor a few weeks back doing some dire impressions of the judges, with a shot of me on the main show which quite literally lasted about half a second. I was then on the main show the week after (Belfast auditions), but they didnt show the whole audition, they just had Simon telling me that there was something "fundamentally wrong" with me, and then it cut to me saying "Ouch!". I was then on right at the end of the Xtra Factor again singing a couple of lines of "We Will Rock You" by Queen during the montage.

So, it looks like thats gonna be it... Guess I wasn't quirky enough for them, lol! Should have gone dressed as a moose or something :P

Awwww I couldn't have recognised you then, cos I watched them and was looking out for you.

If you blinked, then u would probably missed it :)

And if you were looking out for a guy that looks like Ant from Ant and Dec then you will DEFINATELY have missed it... 'cos I look nothing like him! Lol, I'm still baffled as to where that comment came from :D

I gotta say though, I've really enjoyed watching it this series. Simon is on top form this year, even if he did turn is acid tongue on me! :P

have I got them the right way round?

Ant is always on the left whenever they are filmed or for posed photographs. Obviously there may be the odd paparazzi snap of them in Tescos the other way round but they're never the other way round when they're consciously in the public eye.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=ant%20...off&sa=N&tab=wi

Bizarre.

Fake edit: In before Mr Sausages photoshops them up the other way round :)

From that page of Ant and Dec links:

AND&DEC-%20James&David.jpg

And this one:

Oct_Ant_Dec43BC_Au.jpg

Awwww I couldn't have recognised you then, cos I watched them and was looking out for you.

If you blinked, then u would probably missed it :)

And if you were looking out for a guy that looks like Ant from Ant and Dec then you will DEFINATELY have missed it... 'cos I look nothing like him! Lol, I'm still baffled as to where that comment came from :D

I gotta say though, I've really enjoyed watching it this series. Simon is on top form this year, even if he did turn is acid tongue on me! :P

At least you were brave enough to try :)

A real life x-factor! Wow!

So what was it like?

It was great thank you, I had a fantastic time and met a lot of cool people. It was just a really good atmosphere :)

As you have probably gathered, I didn't get very far though... apparently the only thing I have going for me is my coat!

I'm glad he liked the coat... :P

A real life x-factor! Wow!

So what was it like?

It was great thank you, I had a fantastic time and met a lot of cool people. It was just a really good atmosphere :)

As you have probably gathered, I didn't get very far though... apparently the only thing I have going for me is my coat!

I'm glad he liked the coat... :P

How many hours did u have to queue, whilst waiting to audition? How long is the actual audition, as it is edited on TV, you cant really tell, is it like 2 or 5 mins? Does everyone there really get to go before the panel of Sharon, Simon and Louis? (Not filtered at all?)

Edited by Educa

quote=Educa,Sep 20 2005, 08:12 PM]

How many hours did u have to queue, whilst waiting to audition? How long is the actual audition, as it is edited on TV, you cant really tell, is it like 2 or 5 mins? Does everyone there really get to go before the panel of Sharon, Simon and Louis? (Not filtered at all?)

On the first day, I must have been in the queue for about 6 hours. It's a good laugh though, the film crew are running around filming all the nutters, getting people to sing and generally make prats of themselves (I was as quilty as anyone in that respect!), and like I said, there were loads of cool people to talk to.

My audition lasted about 5 minutes. They gave me a short interview, asking about me, my background, where I came from etc. Then it was straight into the song. I assume that they do that with everyone and then choose what they deem to be the best parts to put on show.

As it happens, not everyone gets to go in front of the judges, despite the fact that every single person there thought they would be! On the first day, I had to sing in front of one of the producers. She was a little unsure wether to put me through or not, she said that she liked the audition but that I was trying to hard to BE Jon Bon Jovi... Fair enough, lol! Anyhow, she put me though and told me to come back the next day. We weren't waiting around long the next day but I then had to sing in front of ANOTHER set of producers. They said that they liked me and wanted to put me through to the judges, which happened about an hour later. This process makes it VERY nervewracking, I was a complete wreck by the time I got to the judges.

So thats the way they filter the auditionees down. I'd estimate they sent about 80% of them packing without getting a glimpse of the judges ... Ouch indeed! :blink:

So thats the way they filter the auditionees down. I'd estimate they sent about 80% of them packing without getting a glimpse of the judges ... Ouch indeed!  :blink:

Can you imagine what that 80% are like, given some that get on the telly!