Poor MHKs

0bserver

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not sure what anyone expected of her, having worked in the same department as her for several years  I am not really surprised at her performance at all.

Looks like she has become the first Cuckoo of spring ,  too self opinionated for me  ,and as someone said, not in the real world and does not deliver on anything ,  sadly   it will be over 4 years before you can make a difference ,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Currys keyboard sales will rocket today? All this spittle and spluttering will have ruined so many!

No doubt you feel sorry for Daffy? Maybe you think she’s entitled to a day off ( which I don’t deny to her), but she isn’t living in the real world. She is a public ally elected representative. Like a well paid manager you knock off when you have finished the days work, you have to set an example to others. Life is hard graft not and entitlement, Daffy is after sympathy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Looks like she has become the first Cuckoo of spring ,  too self opinionated for me  ,and as someone said, not in the real world and does not deliver on anything ,  sadly   it will be over 4 years before you can make a difference ,

I didn't vote for her in either election as I had a fair idea what you were likely to get.

Some on manx forums thought she was CM material

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On the few occasions I have had contact with her I found her to be rather quiet, almost self conscious . Not the brash loud mouth being portrayed here.

Probably the whole of the tweet was a mistake but if the last line had read '' doesn't anyone TAKE a day off'', that would have made it a general comment, not just about HER!!!

Don't forget there is wide objection to workers being subjected to 24 hr contact from their workplace, this is not too different?

16 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I didn't vote for her in either election as I had a fair idea what you were likely to get.

Some on manx forums thought she was CM material

I certainly didn’t. At least ex CM Quayle who was useless and ex CM Bell and Brown accepted working unsocial hours, glad hanging and attending island charitable and business functions were part of the job. A decent MHK who genuinely wishes to serve their constituents won’t be bothered by devoting an hour or two at night or on Saturday afternoon to answering emails. It is obvious that Daffy is a natural born clock watcher. It would be interesting to hear the views of Bernie Moffat on this topic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

On the few occasions I have had contact with her I found her to be rather quiet, almost self conscious . Not the brash loud mouth being portrayed here.

Probably the whole of the tweet was a mistake but if the last line had read '' doesn't anyone TAKE a day off'', that would have made it a general comment, not just about HER!!!

Don't forget there is wide objection to workers being subjected to 24 hr contact from their workplace, this is not too different?

I can understand that sentiment if she was working for nothing but she isn’t. Even DBC councillors work out of hours, get driven mad at stupid o clock and don’t whinge. 

• Like 1

Being kind you can kind of understand her thinking this in a moment of frustration especially if she was having a bad day. I’m sure we’ve all had similar thoughts.

But to put those thoughts into print shows a terrible lack of political judgement or nous. 

If she thought that this tweet would be responded to with sympathy then, as others have said, she is in the wrong job

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Every time I see her out walking through Douglas her big bag always looks heavy and full of stuff. Probably all those constituent issues she's holding back on replying to.

Off to Ashies office to borrow the shredder maybe.

• Haha 4

Cain does not like receiving emails at the weekend. Ewart does not like receiving text messages in the evening.
In spite of the position of responsibility that they hold, some people don't understand how modern technology works and are unable to use it to efficiently.

57 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Being kind you can kind of understand her thinking this in a moment of frustration especially if she was having a bad day. I’m sure we’ve all had similar thoughts.

But to put those thoughts into print shows a terrible lack of political judgement or nous. 

If she thought that this tweet would be responded to with sympathy then, as others have said, she is in the wrong job

To be fair it doesn't stop Stu and his lack of nous, not only on social media but here too.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Elected to represent her consituents - Mon to fri 9 to 5? I think not.  A lot of people have access  to their work emails and manage their time accordingly, prioritising their workload as they see fit.  In some occupations this comes with the territory and dealing with matters  at the time, is  offset when  the 'normal' working week commences.  37  work emails is not excessive imv and as already stated they appear to concern her constituency.  Laughable really.

It is unreasonable to expect anyone, no matter how much they are paid, to be available to deal with anything 24/7.  There's no need to tweet about it though - we all get lots of emails that get picked up on a Monday morning.

Perhaps the MHKs could organise themselves an 'on-call' rota.  There's 24 of them, say 4 groups of 6 (North, East, South, West perhaps) with one per group being available to deal with urgent constituency stuff out of hours and at weekends.  Having done something similar for over 25 years I'd be happy to offer them advice on how to do it, and will even knock up their rota for them, free of charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2