1886 stage only now applying for planning permission

jackwhite

12 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Rag ‘n’ Bone Man (got it right this time @ManxTaxPayer especially for you), while not exactly my cup of tea, did a great show, and the place was packed. Light show and sound were top drawer. If they could pull off something like this every night the festival could be a massive success and grow year on year. Hope so. 

Was there tonight and I agree. Not my cuppa, but it was a great show.

Really impressed.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Rag ‘n’ Bone Man (got it right this time @ManxTaxPayer especially for you), while not exactly my cup of tea, did a great show, and the place was packed. Light show and sound were top drawer. If they could pull off something like this every night the festival could be a massive success and grow year on year. Hope so. 

The pictures I viewed on facebook showed it pretty full and looked a great night . But James said they had a licence for the area for 4 1/2 k but I wouldnt have said there was anything like that there . Your thoughts ?? Please 

Edited by Numbnuts

6 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

The pictures I viewed on facebook showed it pretty full and looked a great night . But James said they had a licence for the area for 4 1/2 k but I wouldnt have said there was anything like that there . Your thoughts ?? Please 

Over 4000 we thought. I asked the guy I was with the same question, and that was his assessment. 

• Like 1

Not sure if it is my age but I am starting to get pee'd off at gigs where people are hoisted onto the shoulders of others. Maybe great for there view but bloody annoying for those standing behind. It would not be acceptable at many other events to simply block the view of other paying customers so why is it acceptable at outdoor gigs?

Agree - great gig last night - security not ott, bags checked etc and also insisted that those on shoulders got down, at least near us anyway.  Only one gripe, electric went off in the bar, but, unlike large uk stadia venues, at least you could still stand and watch the gig whilst waiting for it to be restored

5 hours ago, wrighty said:

Over 4000 we thought. I asked the guy I was with the same question, and that was his assessment. 

Thanks for that. Thats encouraging as fair play to 1886 on putting on such a ambitious program. 

James bay was a great gig, plenty of people but not rammed, conservative estimate around 2500/3000. There was a lot on last night (Thursday) and crowds in bushy’s, along the prom, up at trackside aswell as out of town.

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Craig David was brilliant!

It was posh karaoke 😂 He was very entertaining and people certainly were enjoying themselves. 
The band that were on in Bushys afterwards were fun too! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2022 at 11:07 PM, AOR said:

I'll just leave this post here, to refer back to, but I suppose only the Steam Packet know for sure right now. There seems to be more people who stay for longer, doing the staycation thing. I still reckon it is busier now than at any other Practice Week Monday past couple of decades.

Happy to eat humble pie if I am shown to be wrong, but I doubt I will be. For now I'll just poke @bandits in the ribs.

Well, whaddya know. Numbers appear to be up:

Manx Radio: Visitor numbers up 'significantly' more than initially thought

Edited by AOR