Jump to content

Elon Musk Buys Twitter


0bserver
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Maybe. 

But he's a businessman with interests on the island. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-58056986

And at his prices I suspect he will get zero business so it's more likely than not a tax play by his accountants. The current service means you have to outlay £529.00 for hardware, £50.00 postage and then a monthly subscription of £89. Bargain.

https://www.starlink.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

And at his prices I suspect he will get zero business so it's more likely than not a tax play by his accountants. The current service means you have to outlay £529.00 for hardware, £50.00 postage and then a monthly subscription of £89. Bargain.

https://www.starlink.com/

It's a minority service, which a small number of consumers on the IoM have taken up because MT haven't reached them with fibre yet (if ever) and their DSL is awfully slow. I was lucky, my rural idyll was an early beneficiary of the fibre rollout, but if I were trying to WFH in an area with rubbish DSL and no fibre then I'd be a Starlink customer, the price is affordable if you need the speed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

And at his prices I suspect he will get zero business so it's more likely than not a tax play by his accountants. The current service means you have to outlay £529.00 for hardware, £50.00 postage and then a monthly subscription of £89. Bargain.

https://www.starlink.com/

 

1 hour ago, craggy_steve said:

It's a minority service, which a small number of consumers on the IoM have taken up because MT haven't reached them with fibre yet (if ever) and their DSL is awfully slow. I was lucky, my rural idyll was an early beneficiary of the fibre rollout, but if I were trying to WFH in an area with rubbish DSL and no fibre then I'd be a Starlink customer, the price is affordable if you need the speed.

Yep, I know a couple of people in Mt Murray that have it already as they are techies that mostly work from home and the MT connections are frankly diabolical.   Not got the fibre up there yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

 

Yep, I know a couple of people in Mt Murray that have it already as they are techies that mostly work from home and the MT connections are frankly diabolical.   Not got the fibre up there yet. 

I've got it too as fibre wont be in my area until mid-2023. It's been an absolute game changer for us and worth every penny.

Before Starlink we were reliant on Sure 4G which, although faster than ADSL, ended up being heavily limited due to the restrictions they introduced.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

And at his prices I suspect he will get zero business so it's more likely than not a tax play by his accountants. The current service means you have to outlay £529.00 for hardware, £50.00 postage and then a monthly subscription of £89. Bargain.

https://www.starlink.com/

There’s quite a lot signed up already. It’s amazing how bad MT service is to make a £600 sign on fee look a bargain. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's going to be hilarious to see the outrage of the woke lefty celebs.

Elon has already said he hopes that his biggest critics stay on the platform.  That is what free speech is about. 

It's certainly going to be interesting. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Gizo said:

I might rejoin twitter now just to see all the lefty's losing their shit now. If Trump is allowed back I'm definitely in. 

Don't know if you saw his interview with Piers (or read the highlights)?  His comments about Prince Harry were brilliant.  I get really annoyed when I agree with Trump!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...