They Wonder Why

Passing Time

Twice now while driving, I have had the misfortune to see cyclists being morons. Saturday going through Baldrine and they were three abreast. Today two were cycling alongside each other holding up the traffic going up the Castletown road alongside Anagh Coar. 

Stop being pricks lads, it gives decent cyclists a bad name

• Like 3

Not trolling at all as I cycle every day. More to do with being a bit more courteous to other road users. We expect motorists to respect us but that works both ways.

Just for clarity however the below is an extract from the Highway Code

Rule 66 states you should never cycle more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads. This means cycles are perfectly legal to cycle side by side on most roads in the UK.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was parked in the normal car park space by the side of Robinsons on Friday, a man parked on the double yellow lines in front of the disabled park, got out of his car, walked up to me and said “You’re parked in a disabled park”, I pointed to the standard parking sign and told him that the disabled space was the one in front of me but as I was leaving he could have the space. 

I wouldn’t park in a disabled park, but why do people think it’s OK to tell strangers off? People are shitty.

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

I was parked in the normal car park space by the side of Robinsons on Friday, a man parked on the double yellow lines in front of the disabled park, got out of his car, walked up to me and said “You’re parked in a disabled park”, I pointed to the standard parking sign and told him that the disabled space was the one in front of me but as I was leaving he could have the space. 

I wouldn’t park in a disabled park, but why do people think it’s OK to tell strangers off? People are shitty.

So to be clear, if it had been a disabled space, you'd have taken exception to him telling you that you shouldn't park there?

Being honest I don't have an issue with it. There are some who do get it wrong but as long as they are gracious when pointed out (like I hope your chap was) then what's the problem?

Cyclist don't ride three abreast here - EVER.

They ride two abreast with one in the middle.

Or so I was told by a right mouthy tosser on a pushbike after he cut across me at the Groves Road lights -  while his were on red - with 2 of his boyfriends.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Decent cyclists?

I suppose given the law of averages we may have a couple here on the Island

Sadly, the decent ones get overshadowed by the peloton wannabes