Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Jeff Robinson hopefully.

How this fella is last man standing in DOI I have no idea. He makes Longworth look like a saint. St John’s crossing, Kirk Michael crossing, roundels, prom scheme, state of the roads…..if Carlsberg made shit directors….

once he’s gone, and I’m sure he will be next, there is no permanent civil servant in senior posts across the DOI, apart from the new airport director when he starts in august. Maybe this is Alfie’s way of dismantling it 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

The operators license has always been in his personal name so perhaps they are now finding ways to ensure the RTLC come up with a way of removing his name from above the door as he ‘retires’ as that’s how he’s always managed to cling on before. There is a rumour circulating that he decided to retire quite suddenly after the whole cruise liner situation came to light. Because he had most certainly prioritized stealing business off a private hire company over providing an adequate level of service to the public who paid his wages.

Not sure the bit regarding the 'operator licence" is quite correct. I'm not saying it isn't but I don't think it to be the case and I have looked a bit at all this before. 

Basically getting to technicalities there is the operator registration and the Section 25 Licence to operate the buses. There is no Operator Licence. 

There was a situation some time ago when one operator registration was under "fleet services and the other one I'm pretty sure was Bus Vannin. Having 2 registrations was a contravention of a section of the Road Transport Act (cannot remember which Section) and was hastily rectified by the RTLC, to my knowledge under "DOI BUS VANNIN". 

The Section 25 regular service licence for the buses that stop on the bus stops will have a name assigned on it also. What that name is I'm unsure, but I would be amazed if it's anything but Bus Vannin/DOI. It'll come out of the wash soon I guess. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but if you are correct, it'll be interesting to see what happens. 

Apologies if all that is complicated. 🧐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SpunkCookie said:

How this fella is last man standing in DOI I have no idea. He makes Longworth look like a saint. St John’s crossing, Kirk Michael crossing, roundels, prom scheme, state of the roads…..if Carlsberg made shit directors….

once he’s gone, and I’m sure he will be next, there is no permanent civil servant in senior posts across the DOI, apart from the new airport director when he starts in august. Maybe this is Alfie’s way of dismantling it 

Have to kind of agree with this. Ian took on an ancient bordering on dangerous bus fleet with a highly difficult workforce (some v good and some very bad) whose terms and conditions were egregious.  And turned it round in the teeth of incredible opposition. 

1 minute ago, ptarmigan said:

Have to kind of agree with this. Ian took on an ancient bordering on dangerous bus fleet with a highly difficult workforce (some v good and some very bad) whose terms and conditions were egregious.  And turned it round in the teeth of incredible opposition. 

Thanks for your contribution and happy retirement, Ian. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Apologies if all that is complicated. 🧐

No that’s helpful Bazza. It is complicated and I heard they need the RTLC to do some sort of amendment / change to extract him. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

Have to kind of agree with this. Ian took on an ancient bordering on dangerous bus fleet 

That dangerous that they were sold to his mate in Blackpool for almost nothing and many of them are still running. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

That dangerous that they were sold to his mate in Blackpool for almost nothing and many of them are still running. 

Exactly. Almost every bus that Longworth has ever sold has gone on to be used elsewhere, in much harsher operating environments such as Blackpool, Nottingham, Reading, Cardiff, Bournemouth and others I've probably forgotten. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Exactly. Almost every bus that Longworth has ever sold has gone on to be used elsewhere, in much harsher operating environments such as Blackpool, Nottingham, Reading, Cardiff, Bournemouth and others I've probably forgotten. 

Malta

download (35).jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

And his mate Gary Kermode

Hardly any tradesmen left in this department  everyone  sick and tired of the   crass incompetence  of the so called management ,and their attitude , Mr Thomas has  a difficult job to sort  it out , but hopefully  someone has seen the light at last and is prepared to do something about it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1