Jump to content

Bus Vannin in Crisis


0bserver
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quite! Not as though we haven't seen it before!!!!

Does the poster have anything to add to the debate regarding BVs positioning in the transport market???

It would appear not!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There's scope for a FOI request on the subject. It just needs to be well structured to avoid the usual cries of commercial confidentiality.

 

ETA... the arse has already dropped out of tomorrow's 'contingency timetable'...

 

 

Screenshot_20220701-203437_Facebook.jpg

Edited by 0bserver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you actually understand that the DfE are behind  this???  They want a cruise/tourist service no matter what affect is has on the bus timetable??? They couldn't foresee the  covid / illness problem but, then, they didn't allow a contingency service for the regular schedule of services that had been promised.

When BV saw that their schedule was  to be compromised, they should have taken action that would have preserved as much as possible, that might have been to forsake the cruise/tour obligations    to the private sector but many would argue that, that should have been in the first place???

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a shop in Castletown (not the butchers) and the girl on the till suggested that a lot of their regular customers who would normally travel in on the bus and visit regularly with the silver surfer passes have stopped, as they have found themselves standing round with no buses turning up and have lost confidence in the service. Its not likely to be an issue at 7:20 in the morning however, I never really considered the knock on effect for the day time cancellations beyond people being generally pissed off. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new traffic setup in Castletown is a disaster. Spoke to a few local businesses and trade is down up to 40%. I don’t know what they were thinking doing this but it needs changing ASAP. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The new traffic setup in Castletown is a disaster. Spoke to a few local businesses and trade is down up to 40%. I don’t know what they were thinking doing this but it needs changing ASAP. 

Immediately after covid this sort of thing is inexcusable. Government should be bending over backwards to make sure the retail trade recovers. Whereas as what we seem to have is even more taxpayer funded fuckwits actively trying to make a very bad situation even worse for people who have already suffered enough. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely the C'town traffic set up is down to the disputable refurbishment of the Police building? Does it deserve such disruptable effect on the towns trade??? Maybe BV could have found a better solution but the problem started when permission was given to the to the road closure? What benefit will it be to C'towns ongoing development to justify this curtailment???

Without Mrs Bs, I dont see any reason to go to C'town!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Surely the C'town traffic set up is down to the disputable refurbishment of the Police building?

The Castletown problem is largely to do with the Commissioners being in the pocket of the people currently buying up half of Castletown. They should never have agreed to the road being closed for a year. And on top of that Bus Vannin totally failed to come up with a proper plan as in typical civil service style their original plan was called out as being shit by the commissioners and then they had a big huff so implemented the second stupidest plan they thought up instead. The town is certainly dying though and everyone is sitting back and watching it die. The end result though is probably more cheap property bought from failed businesses by the people who have shut the town down. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

....but with the road being 'one way' what could BV have done differently?

I get what you are saying but the problem started with the refurbishment permission. C'town were, \i think, in favour of that. So where does the blame lie???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

The Castletown problem is largely to do with the Commissioners being in the pocket of the people currently buying up half of Castletown. They should never have agreed to the road being closed for a year. And on top of that Bus Vannin totally failed to come up with a proper plan as in typical civil service style their original plan was called out as being shit by the commissioners and then they had a big huff so implemented the second stupidest plan they thought up instead. The town is certainly dying though and everyone is sitting back and watching it die. The end result though is probably more cheap property bought from failed businesses by the people who have shut the town down. 

At least they've got Callow's Yard.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, asitis said:

Castletown Commissioners are a joke and shouldn't be entrusted with ratepayers money or decisions relating to effects on business ! 

Every so-called local authority is a joke. Amateur hour plastic politicians spending people's hard earned cash with no recourse or accountability

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Every so-called local authority is a joke. Amateur hour plastic politicians spending people's hard earned cash with no recourse or accountability

 

The problem IMHO lies less with the usually well-meaning, locally elected members and more with the sort of self-servery in the unelected that's usually discussed on here in respect of Central Govt. A lot of these people make their way into LAs from CG and bring their culture and other "attributes" with them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...