Fatality Free Fortnight

Posted (edited)

I haven’t bothered going out on my bike due to all the 40mph restrictions in place, then I see headlines like this and wonder if that’s all part of their grand plan.

I’m expecting TT to be absolute chaos but I hope I’m wrong, since Covid lockdowns nobody seems to have any respect or patience on the roads any more. I certainly noticed a big shift in behaviour/driving standards over the last 2 years, mobile phone use is as blatant as ever, speed limits widely ignored etc . I haven’t seen Police pull over a single person in the last year, I couldn’t even tell you what the unmarked cars are, whereas I’d normally see 1 or 2 pulled over every single day.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Hoped for by the Roads Policing Unit.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that won't come to pass. 

I think sadly it will be really bad this year. I hope not. But we’ve had 2 years of people not getting it out of their system and I think it’s going to go a bit mad. Plus are roads are that terrible now outside of the TT Course anything could happen. The Roundels should be good for some doughnuts though!

scores on the doors:

Competitors - 3 Dead (but its how they wanted to go)

Fans - 6 Dead

Hundreds of incidents.

But it will be the best TT .

#everest

#lackoftalent

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gizo said:

scores on the doors:

Competitors - 3 Dead (but its how they wanted to go)

Fans - 6 Dead

Hundreds of incidents.

But it will be the best TT .

#everest

#lackoftalent

Sadly I think we’ll potentially beat that. I also think there will be a real danger of races being cancelled or road restrictions invoked due to capacity at Nobles.

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

Sadly I think we’ll potentially beat that. I also think there will be a real danger of races being cancelled or road restrictions invoked due to capacity at Nobles.

Not a cat in hell's chance are they going to prevent a race because some ward is full, casualties with life threatening injuries or with cOvID. The greatest show on earth must carry on. 

• Like 1