Jump to content

Crazy golf madness


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So there is a hole on the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Can’t we just move it?  Where does it end?  If one chose to setup home in a public toilet so we close it for a few weeks?  Do we close a road if a bird wants to nest there.

There has to be a balance surely, and is it just me that thinks this isn’t it?

Edited by Youaintseenme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

So there is a hike in the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Can’t we just move it?  Where does it end?  If one chose to setup home in a public toilet so we close it for a few weeks?  Do we close a road if a bird wants to nest there.

There has to be a balance surely, and is it just me that thinks this isn’t it?

It couldn't have been that busy if a gull had time to build a small nest and lay an egg.

One stupid gull laid an egg at the foot of one of the palm tress in Shoprite Douglas car park last year. I doubt the egg hatched as the gull was on-off the egg numerous times as people/cars passed by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

So there is a hike in the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Can’t we just move it?  Where does it end?  If one chose to setup home in a public toilet so we close it for a few weeks?  Do we close a road if a bird wants to nest there.

There has to be a balance surely, and is it just me that thinks this isn’t it?

What is a seagull?

We close roads and inconvenience hundreds for a few weeks just so a few bikers can ride pointlessly round.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Or Ashford’s skull 

I think the shitehawks will have a wide selection of empty heads in Tynwald to choose from, Ashford, Callister, Cannan etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

What is a seagull?

We close roads and inconvenience hundreds for a few weeks just so a few bikers can ride pointlessly round.

A seagull is the common and well recognised, though not technically correct name for  those annoying creatures that 99 percent of us call seagulls.

Does that help?

Edited by Youaintseenme
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’m surprised a gull hasn’t nested in the sunken gardens on Douglas Promenade.

gulls have more sense they never nest where  there is a likely hood  of being flooded or washed away 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm amazed that the Gulls use the street lighting to negotiate at night!

It's a wonder that they have not taken a copyright charge against Tom Tom!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

So there is a hole on the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Can’t we just move it?  Where does it end?  If one chose to setup home in a public toilet so we close it for a few weeks?  Do we close a road if a bird wants to nest there.

There has to be a balance surely, and is it just me that thinks this isn’t it?

Has it inconvenienced 500,000 visitors? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...