Crazy golf madness

Posted (edited)

So there is a hole on the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Can’t we just move it?  Where does it end?  If one chose to setup home in a public toilet so we close it for a few weeks?  Do we close a road if a bird wants to nest there.

There has to be a balance surely, and is it just me that thinks this isn’t it?

Edited by Youaintseenme

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

So there is a hike in the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Can’t we just move it?  Where does it end?  If one chose to setup home in a public toilet so we close it for a few weeks?  Do we close a road if a bird wants to nest there.

It couldn't have been that busy if a gull had time to build a small nest and lay an egg.

One stupid gull laid an egg at the foot of one of the palm tress in Shoprite Douglas car park last year. I doubt the egg hatched as the gull was on-off the egg numerous times as people/cars passed by.

7 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

So there is a hike in the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

What is a seagull?

We close roads and inconvenience hundreds for a few weeks just so a few bikers can ride pointlessly round.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Or Ashford’s skull 

I think the shitehawks will have a wide selection of empty heads in Tynwald to choose from, Ashford, Callister, Cannan etc. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

What is a seagull?

We close roads and inconvenience hundreds for a few weeks just so a few bikers can ride pointlessly round.

A seagull is the common and well recognised, though not technically correct name for  those annoying creatures that 99 percent of us call seagulls.

Does that help?

Edited by Youaintseenme
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’m surprised a gull hasn’t nested in the sunken gardens on Douglas Promenade.

gulls have more sense they never nest where  there is a likely hood  of being flooded or washed away 

• Like 1

I'm amazed that the Gulls use the street lighting to negotiate at night!

It's a wonder that they have not taken a copyright charge against Tom Tom!!!

5 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

So there is a hole on the crazy golf in Ramsey currently out of action and all fenced off because a seagull is nesting in there.

Has it inconvenienced 500,000 visitors?