Manx Forum's MHKs - We Need You to do What's Right

Posted (edited)

Reading through the Manx care thread its clear that, for many, this may be the straw that (finally) breaks the camel's back with regard to the conduct of our elected representatives. To be honest its more likely that that happened a long time ago, but this represents a new low even for our government.

I would like to hear from the MHK's on this forum what they are going to do about it. There are no grey areas. The incompetence is staggering, the sheer arrogance is staggering, the lack of accountability is staggering. 

As a voter, I would like to know if you are prepared to do something very few MHK's have ever done and stand up for what is right for the Isle of Man and its people.

There is no hiding any more.

Do something about this cancer and do it now.

Edited by Weliveinhope
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

• Weliveinhope changed the title to Manx Forum's MHKs - We Need You to do What's Right
Posted (edited)

Which MHKs on this forum? There's only 3 who ever post. Stu Peters most regularly these days, and he won't be able to do anything because he's adopted a position of doing nothing; Chris Thomas who will pop up now and again if there's something he specifically wants to comment on; and Rob Callister, who pops up when you say his name 3 times or say something that might not be wholly true, and he'll pop on to defend himself. And then disappear again.

Of those Chris Thomas is probably your best hope, he's registered his disapproval on twitter certainly.

Maybe Stu Peters has got it right seeing as we all know nothing will happen.

Edited by TheTeapot

3 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I imagine the outrage is so great that it will warrant the formation of a committee. And perhaps a report.

By Sir Jonathan...

If you really want to appeal to mhks, write to them.  I've written to mine 

• Haha 1

Depends really on what their longterm gameplan is. 

If they are only planning on being in for one term, then they should try and cause hell.

However, I feel that no one would survive more than one term if they tried to take on the govt and actually make them answerable or face their true arrogance and incompetence.  Surely the whole Manx Care thing has shown that. 

Yes, there are only three, but I would say the forum must represent a good sample of the Manx population, so I'm writing to them on here. I will also write personally to the CM and my MHK.

I'd like to know if they think all in the garden is rosey, and if not what the fuck theyre going to do about it.

• Thanks 1

There is only one MHK that matters and that is Alf Cannan in his role as Chief Minister. He needs to step up to the plate and assume responsibility for draining the swamp. As a start a few "The buck stops here" notices should be placed firmly on the desks of all Ministers. Anyone found lacking in rectifying the mess, heads should roll.

Over to you Mr Cannan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Alf will already have been called to the big wigwam and told what he's going to do. Don't you worry about that. The Keys and even Comin will be kept even further from the real decision loop than normal. 

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 2

My understanding is that the matter is still sub judice, so political commentary will necessarily be scant during this period. But I will be listening carefully to the Chief Minister's statement to Tynwald on Tuesday.

• Like 4

If the employment tribunal case has finished and the decision been published, how can it still be sub judice?  DHSC might be able to appeal, but unless and until they file an appeal the case is done and dusted, isn't it, and open to comment by everyone including MHKs?

Even if the question of perjury or contempt of court is being investigated post-tribunal, that wouldn't be sub judice until somebody was charged with an offence would it?

(I may be mistaken if Manx legal practice differs from the UK in this respect)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2