Manx Forum's MHKs - We Need You to do What's Right

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Indeed, most threats also provide an opportunity.  CT on MR today was quite clear that DA needs to resign so that a line can be drawn and action taken to address the institional failings within the CS and, I would add, in how it interacts with Ministers and MHKs. 

Just to be clear . Did Chris Thomas really say that ?? I never listen to MR but have alot of time for CT .

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Just to be clear . Did Chris Thomas really say that ?? I never listen to MR but have alot of time for CT .

He said he needs to resign to leave the way clear to address the issues.  Sure it will be on listen again.

• Like 2

@Rob Callistermaybe this is your opportunity to have the defining political moment you blatantly crave.

Challenge the CM and try to bring some change starting with the removal of Ashford.

Stand up for the electorate and put into reality what your Manifesto claims about transparency and strong governance.

However I think the most likely occurrence is a Facebook post using buzz words but not actually saying anything meaningful whilst you hide behind the curtains hoping this all goes away.

Prove us wrong……

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The bad impression of the whole Govt is the primary political reason to get rid of him?

The bottom line is that if we want rich people to move here and invest here then having someone in charge of treasury who has been proved to be a manipulative lying weasel does nothing into inspire confidence in those circles.

Thats more then reason why nothing has been done in the past rather than some members holding something over other members.

Its all about showing a united professional, trustworthy team of people who will look after your investments  

And the man in charge of the treasury of the IOM is neither professional or trustworthy.

Of course he should go - but that would also leave the Island open to the possibility of investors taking their money elsewhere.

Risk management. 

But, with enough spin, this could be turned into a strength not a weakness. 

Edited by Roxanne
Multiple errors.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

The bottom line is that if we want rich people to move here and invest here then having someone in charge of treasury who has been proved to be a manipulative lying weasel does nothing into inspire confidence in those circles.

Thats more then reason why nothing has been done in the past rather than some members holding something over other members.

Its all about showing a united professional, trustworthy team of people who will look after your investments  

And the man in charge of the treasury of the IOM is neither professional or trustworthy.

Of course he should go - but that would also leave the Island open to the possibility of investors taking their money elsewhere.

Risk management. 

But, with enough spin, this could be turned into a strength not a weakness. 

Why would investors pull their money because he resigns?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He said he needs to resign to leave the way clear to address the issues.  Sure it will be on listen again.

I will listen again in case I misheard, as he also referred to his suitability to be CM. 

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Why would investors pull their money because he resigns?

It’s not his resignation that would cause it - it would be if they decided to cover it up. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

It’s not his resignation that would cause it - it would be if they decided to cover it up. 

Oh, I see and agree wholeheartedly.  One of the IOM's proclaimed USPs is/was it's political stability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not making myself clear. I can see that. I’m doing other things and not concentrating. Sorry. 

There’s a likelihood (in my opinion)is the the reason the cracks are papered over to show that all is well. If all isn’t well then investors may get twitchy. 

So I can see why it happens. 

In this case, with it being so public, trying to pretend all is well is a fools errand.

Therefore, Ashford taking full accountability and resigning would be the decent thing to do and we could recover from that.

However, I think we all know that he’s not going to do that voluntarily which would mean a sacking. 

How would that be viewed I wonder? 

17 hours ago, Gladys said:

Well, I have probably been a bit of a joke on here, but I have been banging on about the Nolan Principles for ages.  No one listened. 

Are Ministers not subject to them?

We'll soon find out

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Make 'alot' of time to listen to Perspective today, it was interesting and Chris Thomas was on form. Especially when pitched alongside the erm, politically incisive Rob Callister and Ann Corlett

https://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/od/items/perspective-15th-may/

• Like 1