Beach Huts on Douglas Promenade

hissingsid

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

There have been plans submitted for two beach huts to be sited opposite Little Switzerland on Douglas Promenade that will be available for hire.

Is this a DBC production? 

there are a number of mature ladies who regularly swim off Queens promenade and get changed  in the uncared for and semi derelict bandstand that is crying out for some TLC and a coat of paint , perhaps this beach hut application is to provide a facility for them ? or are they worried the neglected bandstand  is stinking of urine and occasion other unmentionables , because of the corporations pay to pee policy  and for most of last week the pay toilets on Douglas prom would not accept 20p coins  or appear to be available for use , with so many people about in the nice weather all I can say is its a Bloody Disgrace !

• Like 1

It looks quite continental with all the palm trees there, I don’t know how they will fare when a good easterly comes in.   Apparently they are being constructed off site and will be placed in position when erected.    How payment will be made will be interesting as we are told by Tim that there are no machines available on Island that will take coins and cards although DC have managed to find some to fit on the toilet doors in Nobles Park.    To be fair to Douglas Council you will be able to pee for free when the sprinklers are switched on.    Alice in Wonderland keeps springing to mind every time DC is mentioned I cannot think why.    I really hope and pray they do not get City status the implications of what they will do next is horrifying if they do.