Jump to content

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?


Newsdesk
 Share

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Dr Glover's alleged stalker/harasser, David Ashford's girlfriend, is the person who put Josem forward for MHK.

Bloody hell, not only are the Manx interbred, their politicians, even those who are not born here are incestuous too...............

The  plot swamp thickens.............

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's quite an opportunity to say some pretty hilariously funny and some probably awful things about a fair a few people involved in everything here.

It's a good thing I'm so nice.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AOR said:

There will be some tabbing going on too.

Personally, I like all the Isle of Man Government people and feel they are doing a jolly good job.

Me too there’s absolutely no way I think that Ashy is a delusional Walter Mitty character who brings the Court of Tynwald into disrepute every single day in which he doesn’t resign. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Dr Glover's alleged stalker/harasser, David Ashford's girlfriend, is the person who put Josem forward for MHK.

For the Douglas South by-election rather than Douglas East in the General.  Has Ashford changed partners, I thought he lived in Governors Hill.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Yes, I saw a bit of it prior to being locked.

Was searching for advice on what to do when you discover your partner has a garlic and sunlight allergy.

 

It’s good that she lists herself as an actress though. They’re clearly an acting family what with her doing her bit part roles in largely unheard of dramas and him possibly being the biggest and most well known Manx actor since Sir Hall Caine. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Declan said:

We're about nearly a year into this administration so the traditional, ceremonial sacking of the Lib Van leader from the post of DHSC minister approaches...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-42578608

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_219680.html

But they've just got rid of Will Greenhow and he's the only person allowed to sack Ministers.

(Actually it's only seven months...I know, I know).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's quite an opportunity to say some pretty hilariously funny and some probably awful things about a fair a few people involved in everything here.

It's a good thing I'm so nice.

Log back on later after a few drinks please.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

For the Douglas South by-election rather than Douglas East in the General.  Has Ashford changed partners, I thought he lived in Governors Hill.?

He still did when he stood in 2021.
Not sure where his partner (and I’ve no idea how long they’ve been together) lived in August 2020 tells us anything about where either of them live now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Paging hissingsid to defend her boyfriend from the evil internet people.

Well, Fookadoodledoo... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StrangeBrew said:

Not sure where his partner (and I’ve no idea how long they’ve been together) lived in August 2020

I think what Roger is referring to is that 'Seconders' have to live in the district where the election will take place?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I think what Roger is referring to is that 'Seconders' have to live in the district where the election will take place?

Maybe I’m missing something - was David a seconder? I just wasn’t sure why it was relevant where he lived? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's reasonable to be harshly critical in public of people who put themselves forward for public office. You can criticise me for the things I say and do, because after all, I've been called worse things by better people.

 

However, it is entirely unreasonable to make various allegations of criminality against private citizens in a public forum like this (or elsewhere on social media). If anyone has any evidence or allegations of such criminality, those allegations should be put forward to the relevant law enforcement agency for investigation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Josem said:

If anyone has any evidence or allegations of such criminality, those allegations should be put forward to the relevant law enforcement agency for investigation.

According to Glover she already has 

 

AAAD1566-AAF8-4AA8-80FC-3DAC3FE796EC.jpeg

58044A81-5E1E-4C35-819F-798FD0AC4D57.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...