Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Posted (edited)

Regarding where is she now, wherever it is she will be acting she will be acting on her best behaviour while considering her next move?

Edited by Kopek

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Regarding where is she now, wherever it is she will be acting she will be acting on her best behaviour while considering her next move?

I don’t think she can act or try to hoover anything up. As she said she didn’t respond to phone calls or messages as they were at 9pm at night . But in briefings said she worked near to midnight. So she was avoiding the Dr or she was maybe getting paid over time for work she wasn’t doing. 

Edited by Manx17
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Manx17 said:

I don’t think she can act or try to hoover anything up. As she said she didn’t respond to phone calls or messages as they were at 9pm at night . But in briefings said she worked near to midnight. So she was avoiding the Dr or she was maybe getting paid over time for work she wasn’t doing. 

I doubt she was paid overtime. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

On Friday lunchtime and he admits that he resigned on Monday and presents long waffle letter referring back to Monday. 

In his latest blathering Alfie seems to say that he asked Ashford to stay on while Alfie sorted out a replacement.

...and presumably had someone write a nice farewell  speech?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

don’t think she can act or try to hoover anything up.

She doesn't need to. She knows she is on the way out but still employed, so she just has to sit it out while a settlement is arranged. If she were employed by anyone other than the Govt, we would probably say that is the way to handle the matter???

To be fair, even if she has brought this on herself, it will be quite a stressful time for her and other CS and Hospital staff who are wondering about their own position? Time for 'words in ears' and hopefully, resignations to avoid more legalities?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I doubt she was paid overtime. 

How do we know. We would probably think a lot of things wouldn’t of happened, but they have. 
One  Dr had concerns about our health  and was treated disgusting and disrespectfully . So do you think those people who didn’t want to hear the woman’s concerns, care about the public? 
to be honest we were free from covid in the community for seven months in 2020. But look how it still effected our health care. Where it stopped people getting treatment and still is.  They can’t still keep blaming covid if they got it right.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

To be fair, even if she has brought this on herself, it will be quite a stressful time for her and other CS and Hospital staff who are wondering about their own position? Time for 'words in ears' and hopefully, resignations to avoid more legalities?

I would say there is definitely more too it than just a couple of people. Howard Quayle seems to be out of sight and mind, and we might as well own the Sefton the amount of public money it’s had over the years.  

Edited by Manx17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Bo hoo I’m really the victim says delusional man child. He seems more than happy to have seen Ranson and Glover trolled on social media though. 

3612079D-7370-4823-A0EC-96DDB53A18F8.jpeg

Edited by Newsdesk
Reset picture

Posted (edited)

So the easiest way to relieve that condemnation would be to also resign his seat? I suspect that is not his intention. He has a mandate as an MHK from N Douglas, not as a minister, so he can probably hang on in there ?

Standing down as a minister is a big deal for a politician with ambitions. No doubt, from the backbenches he will be naming names from his former Dept who should also fall?

Edited by Kopek

12 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

How do we know. We would probably think a lot of things wouldn’t of happened, but they have. 
One  Dr had concerns about our health  and was treated disgusting and disrespectfully . So do you think those people who didn’t want to hear the woman’s concerns, care about the public? 
to be honest we were free from covid in the community for seven months in 2020. But look how it still effected our health care. Where it stopped people getting treatment and still is.  They can’t still keep blaming covid if they got it right.

Because she is salaried, probably?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Bo hoo I’m really the victim says delusional man child. He seems more than happy to have seen Ranson and Glover trolled on social media though. 

3612079D-7370-4823-A0EC-96DDB53A18F8.jpeg

Have you read some of those 109 comments? So many of them saying how honest he is. It's just so depressingly bizarre.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Have you read some of those 109 comments? So many of them saying how honest he is. It's just so depressingly bizarre.

I had a quick scan but it made me ill. That’s the thing about the pandemic though isn’t it? Making the most unlikely hero’s out of mundane people who developed the psychotic belief that they were born to lead in a time of crisis.

7 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Mainly the Brides of Dracula, it would appear.  Same people on every FB post on the matter.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3