Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

What a load of nasty bullies….complaining on one hand of bullying by civil servants and doing the very same thing on this forum.   David Ashford was democratically elected as I am sure he will be again and I am sure he will continue to act in good faith in his constituents interests.   The people I have spoken to still think highly of him and he has more support than you imagine.    This shuffling around is not good, not Alf’s fault who is going to have the enthusiasm to front up the task ahead of attracting visitors to the Island he obviously has not got anyone in mind.   Allinson had enthusiasm and energy for the job I cannot see anyone else stepping into the role.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Well, we would expect you to support DA what with him being man and all.  

If expressions of genuine concern about an elected person's role in some very sordid and distasteful actions against a key member of our health service amounts to bullying, then we are guilty.  

I do hope you are not in an elected position. 

ETA he retains his elected position as a MHK.

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, we would expect you to support DA what with him being man and all.  

If expressions of genuine concern about an elected person's role in some very sordid and distasteful actions against a key member of our health service amounts to bullying, then we are guilty.  

I do hope you are not in an elected position. 

ETA he retains his elected position as a MHK.

which is a pity...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

What a load of nasty bullies….complaining on one hand of bullying by civil servants and doing the very same thing on this forum.   David Ashford was democratically elected as I am sure he will be again and I am sure he will continue to act in good faith in his constituents interests.   The people I have spoken to still think highly of him and he has more support than you imagine.    This shuffling around is not good, not Alf’s fault who is going to have the enthusiasm to front up the task ahead of attracting visitors to the Island he obviously has not got anyone in mind.   Allinson had enthusiasm and energy for the job I cannot see anyone else stepping into the role.

I thought the same as you then looked at the other side and what happened to the doctor wasn’t good. It could of destroyed her career and all she did was , look out for the well-being of the people and the health service. You get good doctors that care and some that don’t. She cared. Is David Ashford fully at fault probably not. I do not think he acted alone . He might have come across as too convenient but they had acting training for briefings. Probably taking time away from things that were more important. Saying that though it’s strange that he didn’t see or any off them for that matter that the doctor wasnt  giving her opinion off the situation in a pandemic  and didn’t ask. What was she getting paid for if it wasn’t that? We’re  comin taking any clinical opinions on board or were comin playing Russian roulette between themselves. 
He had to step down in any case .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The bullying received by Dr Glover by Ashfords, very immature, girlfriend is also nasty bullying.  

A pub quiz master who was too full of his own self importance that he dismissed the opinions of a very qualified medical director is the true crime here. 

The families of Abbotswood victims will never know for sure if Dr Ranson was right, but what we do know is that Ashford was wrong. And people died.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Bullying in any shape or form is never acceptable.

But bully’s should be stopped and are punished or should be. He hasn’t been punished he hasn’t had anything done to him.He stepped down himself.
people are bound to be angry, the amount of money that this will cost could go on sick people or elderly peoples pensions or keep people out of the food bank. We can not keep carrying on with the mistakes made in government. The island is going bad to worse.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Bullying in any shape or form is never acceptable.

As the multitude of employment tribunal cases against IOM government show it might not be acceptable but it is incredibly pervasive and indeed endemic within IOM government. As a Minister Ashford did nothing about it and indeed clearly joined in with the bullying of Ranson and Glover (suggesting Ranson was mental, and the Glover letter incident). When he was found out and resigned he then tried to claim that he and his family was being bullied by trolls. No actual evidence seems to exist of that though. That makes him a right sack of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for David Ashford?

I wouldn't say I am sorry for him but it must be a massive jolt towards reality for him from the high of being elected and then getting to be a minister and the realisation that he has cocked up either from ignorance, lack of ability or lack of awareness about the needs of being a minister and serving the GMP.

I certainly wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

• Like 1