Jump to content

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?


Newsdesk
 Share

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Do you recall those few months of media interest where the Isle of Man was the only place in the British Isles not to have any Covid deaths?

That's very much irrelevant, really. Deaths were just delayed in the process.

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Obviously not down to DA on his own but a collective effort from the previous administration.

All that happened because of public compliance. 'We', the GMP made a relative success out of it. You're insinuating that Walter and significant others saved the day whereas in actuality, all they did was instigate what PHE were recommending, and even then the administration dragged their heels over locking-down.

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Truth told we won’t know but I think that some here have incredibly short memories.

Well, it's all coming out in the wash, but obviously yours is the shorter memory, seems like you've conveniently forgotten the verdict of the tribunal already.

Defending the indefensible... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I see your KOS and raise you Rob Callister.

I see your Rob Callister and raise you Zac Hall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

We have a huge public sector employment on the Isle of Man who depend on a government pay slip as do their nearest and dearest. Any of those in that employment chain do feel threatened if they fall fowl of their government bosses.

Given what we have found out we can be assured this problem has not gone away 

 

Bunch of chickens.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Truth told we won’t know but I think that some here have incredibly short memories

It’s your memory that is short.

The whole things was a catalogue of disasters from start to finish -and that was before we knew just a little about what was going on behind the scenes

It was the people that got us through. Community and a need to ‘do the right thing’. And the sea around us  

The Health minister had silenced the top medical person and was taking advice from someone who used to run a bank  And then there’s your mate Rachel - oh - Dr Glover to you  

Do you remember one time when the island was in a panic and the government ‘disappeared’ for a few days?

And the announcements at 11.45pm?

And the governor mysteriously being at the ‘one of our own’ broadcasts on the same day as the woman being given full publicity about the appalling lack of planning and equipment at Nobles was protesting  

Just a few ‘incidentals’ about our glorious leaders’ performance, but, no doubt, others will be able to remember more.  

Edited by Roxanne
Spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s your memory that is short.

The whole things was a catalogue of disasters from start to finish -and that was before we knew just a little about what was going on behind the scenes

It was the people that got us through. Community and a need to ‘do the right thing’. And the sea around us  

The Health minister had silenced the top medical person and was taking advice from someone who used to run a bank  And then there’s your mate Rachel - oh - Dr Glover to you  

Do you remember one time when the island was in a panic and the government ‘disappeared’ for a few days?

And the announcements at 11.45pm?

And the governor mysteriously being at the ‘one of our own’ broadcasts on the same day as the woman being given full publicity about the appalling lack of planning and equipment at Nobles was protesting  

Just a few ‘incidentals’ about our glorious leaders’ performance, but, no doubt, others will be able to remember more.  

The report about someone dying after having the vax.

"My mate's had it 4 times."

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s your memory that is short.

The whole things was a catalogue of disasters from start to finish -and that was before we knew just a little about what was going on behind the scenes

It was the people that got us through. Community and a need to ‘do the right thing’. And the sea around us  

The Health minister had silenced the top medical person and was taking advice from someone who used to run a bank  And then there’s your mate Rachel - oh - Dr Glover to you  

Do you remember one time when the island was in a panic and the government ‘disappeared’ for a few days?

And the announcements at 11.45pm?

And the governor mysteriously being at the ‘one of our own’ broadcasts on the same day as the woman being given full publicity about the appalling lack of planning and equipment at Nobles was protesting  

Just a few ‘incidentals’ about our glorious leaders’ performance, but, no doubt, others will be able to remember more.  

Well if it was a catalogue of disasters from start to finish what does that say about other jurisdictions who were totally overwhelmed by the pandemic?

All the nightmarish predictions of Nobles being unable to cope didn’t come to pass.

Dr Glover was an unwelcome distraction in having to deal with her nonsense instead of getting on with the job in hand.

I must confess I don’t remember the “government “ disappearing. I do remember one late night announcement but unfortunately pandemics don’t have a sense of timing.

The “on of our own” broadcast you refer to I have no recollection of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The report about someone dying after having the vax.

"My mate's had it 4 times."

 

Oh yes. :)  

See, there was so much that we almost became normalised to it - but looking back…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Wellif it was a catalogue of disasters from start to finish what does that say about other jurisdictions who were totally overwhelmed by the pandemic

Could be many reasons.

Maybe their government health briefings weren’t run by incompetents.

We ended up having to organise ourselves. We had an advantage  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Oh yes. :)  

See, there was so much that we almost became normalised to it - but looking back…

Would anybody fall for the claim he has any mates?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Dr Glover was an unwelcome distraction in having to deal with her nonsense instead of getting on with the job in hand... 

Nonsense? Whose "job in hand" are we talking about, Dr.G or government?

Anyway, that little farrago isn't over yet and we'll see who has been dishing out the nonsense.

Brownoser, so y'are... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...