Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Who from his sort of background, mine too, couldn't manage very well on about 40k a yr? So he should have savings of some 150,000 by now??? I'm sure he wont miss the extra 10k for a while?

He could help poor Bill out!!!!

• Like 1

Now that the 42 days have lapse and it is clear the government are not going to appeal the the outcome of the Ranson tribunal, I am in tesco's buying myself a large bag of onion rings(other makes of onion rings available) to munch whilst listening to Ashworths point by point rebutel of why it had nothing to do with him. Unless i am mistaken surely it can no longer be sub justice since government is not appealing and it is all done and dusted. No doubt the illegal documentation claims will be dropped as not being in the public intrest, but thats another thread

• Like 4

On 6/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, Dirty Buggane said:

Now that the 42 days have lapse and it is clear the government are not going to appeal the the outcome of the Ranson tribunal, 

And here we find a pictorial representation of the Ashy and Alf relationship over the Ranson affair. 

A7B5400E-96E1-42A9-BFD0-318A7BE5485D.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Still waiting Dave, this rebutel must be going to be a doozee 

Dave has moved on. What you get with these sort of NLP trained psychopaths is that they eventually set new goals that are even better than the old goals that they hung on to. All the bollocks he said a few weeks ago has now totally gone from his head. He’s already gone through a Dr Who style rejuvenation where nothing he has said previously matters to him anymore. He believes that he’ll now be the best back bench MHK we’ve ever seen which he believes is now better than him being Treasury Minister! These people never fail they just reprogramme themselves to ignore past failure and set new goals. 

Edited by Newsdesk
Had
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Dave has moved on. What you get with these sort of NLP trained psychopaths is that they eventually set new goals that are even better than the old goals that they hung on to. All the bollocks he said a few weeks ago has now totally gone from his head. He’s already gone through a Dr Who style rejuvenation where nothing he has said previously matters to him anymore. He believes that he’ll now be the best back bench MHK we’ve ever seen which he believes is now better than him being Treasury Minister! These people never fail they just reprogramme themselves to ignore past failure and set new goals. 

His response saying he would provide a rebuttal to all the issues was a insecure response to the claims made. He believes his own hype hence his defensive response. Once he got home and thought about the implications it clearly didnt seem such a good idea. Maybe someone had a word too . We will never know but like the previous claim with RG  we are never going to hear them as even he knows he cant cut it. Hoping it will all just fade into the murky depths but I reckon its always going to rear its head. He has been found out big time !! .  

• Like 5

The thing about Ashford is that he clearly can't bear to be out of the limelight.  He resigned on 20 May and, rather than lie low for a bit in decent silence, he immediately starts asking questions so as to keep his name prominent.  His first written questions went in on 26 May and he had several oral questions in on the first possible Keys (14 June). 

Clearly he loves the sound of his own voice and thinks himself the great statesman, but it's extremely odd to have someone going on about things not being done by a government of which they were a prominent member.  There was a classic example in that Keys when he was complaining about the lack of progress with an autism strategy (despite Hooper pointing out that it had been put out for consultation a few months ago).  He even referred to his time at DHSC, but seemed to think the way it had  "dragged on for a long number of years" had nothing to do with his nearly four years there.  He either lacks any self-awareness or completely lacks shame.

• Like 6

Ashie has got something that he always wanted, a Manxforums thread about him. I think there are two or three. There might be a few more yet.

Edited by AOR
  • Sad 1