Jump to content

Will Greenhow announces his retirement


ManxFelicia
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

The impression received - rightly or wrongly - is that CS/PS jobs & pensions are being put ahead of services to the paying public

Just the "impression"...?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

The impression received - rightly or wrongly - is that CS/PS jobs & pensions are being put ahead of services to the paying public

definitely rightly ,  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Slight de-rail here, but really??  So one part of DESC can't afford to 'pay' another part of DESC.  No doubt leading to more subsidy having to go to the NEC from the Treasury.  So there will be no reduction in cost to the taxpayers, but their children now won't have swimming lessons.  Still some civil servant will be patting themself on the back over how much money they've 'saved'.

I know @Julie Edge (Onchan) is only too aware of how malfunctioning this Department has been, but this sort of attitude needs sorting out.

I guess more of the budget would s going to teachers in latest pay offer but lots of them are still working to rule severely impacting childrens education but they don’t give a toss!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/union-action-contributed-to-students-staying-home-says-minister/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Thomas Sowell quote

"it is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong"

And we're reaping it now.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

This job seems to come up with alarming regularity 

 

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk//iomgovjobs/DisplayJob.aspx?JobId=14700

Is this the appointment of one of the "Ministerial Advisors" now required to keep our Departmental heads in truthful and accurate information given the scarcity of it from those who are supposed to supply it?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is this the appointment of one of the "Ministerial Advisors" now required to keep our Departmental heads in truthful and accurate information given the scarcity of it from those who are supposed to supply it?

Looks very secretarial.

Also, free gym classes?! Whose paying for that? Let me guess.....tax payers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Plus £36k + pension for a secretary!!

It's a PA, which if properly job spec'd will involve a lot more than typing.  Whilst at the top end, I would say it is not wildly out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gladys said:

It's a PA, which if properly job spec'd will involve a lot more than typing.  Whilst at the top end, I would say it is not wildly out. 

Believe me....the job holder will earn every penny..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How much do you think a professional secretary should earn? It's banded, so there's a minimum of 30k for the role too, not that 36k is a high salary. Do you think they shouldn't be entitled to a pension?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, lethargy said:

How much do you think a professional secretary should earn? It's banded, so there's a minimum of 30k for the role too, not that 36k is a high salary. Do you think they shouldn't be entitled to a pension?

Actually looking at the JD  there is a lot to it and much of it self driven, drafting, coordinating etc. So, I would say it is a very fair remuneration, if not a little on the light side. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...