Boot & Perkins want pay out!

Banker

51 minutes ago, Declan said:

Boot's 69  and Perkins 66/7 so they are of pensionable age.  I imagine the claim will be that they didn't get the parachute payment other ejected MHKs get, but went straight onto the MHK pension scheme. 

I wonder how they voted on Tynwald members pensions and benefits when in the house.

the  section of the scheme was introduced to provide a younger keys member with a family  and below retirement age  a mechanism to  receive 6 months salary if they were  to loose their seat at the general election , it was to provide a  financial parachute , in effect  to enable them to find   another job or source of income ,

I don't think those over retirement age or in receipt of a state pension are entitled  to claim  under the terms of the scheme 

prior to this scheme a keys member had to serve 2 full terms  (10 years )  before qualifying for a pension ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Well, it’s pretty impressive to exceed his racism/xenophobia while criticising his racism/xenophobia.

I actually thought I was quoting what he said! But I don't recall that well!

Posted (edited)

Why not ask the population of the Isle of Man for what they think. Ohhh wait they have already spoken . Cheeky low lifes . There lucky they are still able to live here. What did they do for the money they already received under false pretenses .And Boot needs to go back where he came from. Leech !!!  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Why not ask the population of the Isle of Man for what they think. Ohhh wait they have already spoken . Cheeky low lifes . There lucky they are still able to live here. What did they do for the money they already received under false pretentious. And Boot needs to go back where he came from. Leech !!!  

Excellent idea. A tribunal panel of 80k people.

All those in favour say aye...

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Boot's 69  and Perkins 66/7 so they are of pensionable age.  I imagine the claim will be that they didn't get the parachute payment other ejected MHKs get, but went straight onto the MHK pension scheme. 

I wonder how they voted on Tynwald members pensions and benefits when in the house.

I think it was amended specifically because Singer had claimed when he got booted out, despite being over pension age.  So they must have known. 

The interesting thing is that this has come out in public.  I suspect they were hoping to be given a quiet handout as the easiest thing to do (the cases haven't been listed yet), maybe there is growing resistance to the 'money for chums' culture in government.

Typically they are also claiming sub judice a a reason for not commenting, while, even under Tynwald's ridiculous definition, that only applies to comments made in the Tynwald Court.  Which mercifully they can no longer make.  They and the rest of us can comment as much as we want outside.

Looking at Boot's wiki page, he seems to have had little education - dropped out of 6th form / FE college. And an ephemeral career, with nothing managerial.  I can't see he's been a community organiser or done anything substantial in any clubs or charites. Somehow he's managed to smooch his way into the Tory Party, the an English Council, then Keys and somehow sails into a minister role on a raft of hors d'oeuvres. 

If an employee over 66 is made involuntarily redundant, presumably they are entitled to redundancy pay, same as 50 year old colleague would. 

Is there a legal reason why this doesn't apply to ousted politicians? 

• Thanks 1