Too dumb to nazi

Amadeus

15 minutes ago, quilp said:

Arnie might have been at St. Ninians also but in 1972/3 he attempted to teach 2B2 geography at Balla, where Holroyd was head and a young Taverner was deputy. Come to think of it Holroyd did have an element of the Fuhrer walk about him, hands clasped behind his back, slightly stooped and nicely rounded-off by the muzzy, c1945 Berlin. You didn't wanna be caned by him either 😬😑😡

Arnie was definitely at St Ninians in 1965/66 till at least 1969 as he taught me Geography there in those years. Great teacher but usless at keeping control . He once in my time watched over my form for exams and most had books open copying and the rest just openly copied from mates. I actually felt sorry for him as he had no control but was a really good teacher .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

Masterton ??    ( spelling may be off )   curly haired little cunt.

WTF - if you don't stop using that Completely Unnecessary Nonsensical Term, I will report you  and get you banned.

If you cannot express yourself without profanity, don't express yourself at all! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

But wasn't Arnie at St Ninians rather than Ballakermeen?  Are you thinking of Harry Taverner rather than Hitler keeping an eye on discipline?  Or the lack of it...

Arnie was at St Ninians - the keeper of the cane was Frank Luckman, master of the swish

18 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

Actually I thought Frank Luckman was Head of both Ballakermeen and St Ninians, and that Holroyd and Taverner were the respective deputies?  

I think you've cracked it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cambon said:

WTF - if you don't stop using that Completely Unnecessary Nonsensical Term, I will report you  and get you banned.

If you cannot express yourself without profanity, don't express yourself at all! 

Is that you, Mr. Masterton?

Presumably the changes date back to when the Douglas schools became co-ed (Late 70s?)and Ballakermeen became a secondary school in its own right, rather than the separate junior branches of DHSG and DHSB on the same site.  Apart from anything else they would have needed to relocate some Sixth Form teachers there to teach A-levels etc.

2 hours ago, Manx17 said:

It was a man not a woman and I said I hadn’t seen them for a couple of days . When they are ready I’m sure they will go to the papers and yes it was for the garden. Maybe they are waiting to see how long the sunken gardens are going to be left before they do. Government should not be able to dictate where you spend your money that you have worked hard for nor should people dictate what other peoples children should or shouldn’t do. Especially when they have brought their own children themselves.    

Unfortunately, there are restraints on what you do and what your children do and your responsibility for them - that is what the law is all about.  If, by where you spend your money, you mean spending it on reasonable maintenance of your rented accommodation then you must take the consequences if you don't observe your obligations under your lease. 

If you are referring to the fair, then I agree, if it came here.  I don't know on what basis the government could block it coming over.  Was it using their land or do they issue some kind of permit?  The reason was to keep money on-island and after the past couple of years, I can see why they would want to keep it local. 

If the only way to prevent the fair coming was by not having that the fair on government property, could they not have appealed for some private land? 

FWIW, I have no prejudices towards the fair other than it is over-priced.

Apologies for diverting the thread to school teachers again, but who were the two (ahem) "remedial" teachers at St Ninians who occasionally had to fill in for absent "proper" teachers?

One was a tallish chap with dark hair who would just read out from a book of Norse Sagas.  I can't really remember the other guy.  (Unlike Arnie, neither of them stood for very much nonsense).