New extra speed limits

Bandits

Posted (edited)

As if there weren’t enough now there’s more

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/extra-speed-limits-to-keep-everyone-safe/

Another dig at local drivers too. Just remember local drivers are used to the normal speed limits that apply for the other 50 weeks of the year. Its not that surprising that they might not have noticed or adapted to the new temporarily limits as they’re used to observing the usual ones every day of the week. The police are coming across as right arseholes. We’re even back to the “Keeping everyone safe” line they used over covid.

Edited by Bandits
Spelling
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bandits said:

As if there weren’t enough now there’s more

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/extra-speed-limits-to-keep-everyone-safe/

Another dig at local drivers too. Just remember local drivers are used to the normal speed limits that apply for the other 50 weeks of the year. Its not that surprising that they might not have noticed or adapted to the new temporarily limits as they’re used to observing the usual ones every day of the week. The police are coming across as right arseholes. We’re even back to the “Keeping everyone safe” line they used over covid.

Don't the Police just enforce what's law though? i'm fairly sure they don't bring the limits in. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, On The Level said:

Don't the Police just enforce what's law though? i'm fairly sure they don't bring the limits in. 

I’m not talking about the police fines I’m talking about the pathetic public pillorying by the police on social media. 

Edited by Bandits

49 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I’m not talking about the police fines I’m talking about the pathetic public pillorying by the police on social media. 

There should be no distinction between locals and visitors.

In regard to the "them & us" scoreboard issue. The Thin Blue Line haven't said what mode of transport the 8 refers to. Presumably cars, coz they're the easiest to get with a hair dryer than bikes.  And I guess statistically there'll be more local cars on the road than visitors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Exactly.  They're responses on social media paint the real picture of police attitudes toward the public.

The same power hungry agenda they showed during covid.

And #keyboardwarriors?

Perhaps #defundthepolice

IMG-20220601-WA0002.jpg.d8854ed1711e41f7285670c69d7e64b2.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Exactly.  They're responses on social media paint the real picture of police attitudes toward the public.

The same power hungry agenda they showed during covid.

And #keyboardwarriors?

Perhaps #defundthepolice

IMG-20220601-WA0002.jpg.d8854ed1711e41f7285670c69d7e64b2.jpg

If they didn’t post patronising crap on social media they wouldn’t have a load of keyboard warriors telling them they’re posting patronising crap. Every TT the police publicly shame and victimise locals. I’m sick of it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bandits said:

If they didn’t post patronising crap on social media they wouldn’t have a load of keyboard warriors telling them they’re posting patronising crap. Every TT the police publicly shame and victimise locals. I’m sick of it. 

Have they named and shamed?

At the end of the day, it is the local drivers who become complacent with the roads outside of TT week and don't seem capable of reading basic instructions, like no entry to mountain road, or temporary speed signs.

Visitors will be less familiar so will actually read the signs. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Easy target, and it doesn't upset the visitors. They love the fluffy TV image they have with them! 

They should be more like the French police ;) 

Edited by Max Power
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Have they named and shamed?

At the end of the day, it is the local drivers who become complacent with the roads outside of TT week and don't seem capable of reading basic instructions, like no entry to mountain road, or temporary speed signs.

Visitors will be less familiar so will actually read the signs. 

They have shamed all locals with a sad and pathetic scoreboard posted on Twitter and Facebook. Why should they be expected to be behaving any better or any worse than visitors? At the end of the day they know it’s easier to fine locals and take them to court so that’s what they do. It’s got little to do with anything else. It’s nothing more than a purge on locals who are an easy target. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Bandits said:

They have shamed all locals with a sad and pathetic scoreboard posted on Twitter and Facebook. Why should they be expected to be behaving any better or any worse than visitors? At the end of the day they know it’s easier to fine locals and take them to court so that’s what they do. It’s got little to do with anything else. It’s nothing more than a purge on locals who are an easy target. 

A purge!

Have you been fined or something? You're being a bit dramatic about this.

• Like 2