Jump to content

New extra speed limits


Bandits
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve said it elsewhere but the 50mph over Cronky is especially irritating, being stuck behind a slow moving vehicle for miles, the only decent overtaking opportunity is Cronk Y Voddy and it might aswell be no overtaking because if I overtake at 50-55mph it will take me the full length of the straight to cleanly overtake, that’s if the buggers that have done 30-40mph all through Glen Helen don’t speed up to 50mph as soon as they reach the straight which is quite often the case.

I don’t want to see more accidents but if they don’t happen they’ll use this as justification and we’ll be stuck with 50mph every TT despite 60mph being perfectly reasonable previously.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

IMG-20220601-WA0002.jpg.d8854ed1711e41f7285670c69d7e64b2.jpg

 

I'm surprised the Constabulary hasn't drafted in some Apostrophe Police to help them out during this busy period - to try and reduce grammatical accidents from happening.

Anyway, everyone knows we only need protecting from ourselves for just two weeks of the year, so get used to it!  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A purge!

 

Have you been fined or something? You're being a bit dramatic about this.

No I haven’t been fined for anything. But I’m Manx and I just object to being racially profiled and having my countrymen pilloried by a police force me and other taxpayers fund when you don’t see any form of police traffic policing for the other 50 weeks of the year. Which again I’m sure is part of the issue as the chances of getting a speeding ticket normally in the IOM is next to zero as you never, ever, usually see a police traffic vehicle doing anything. I just think their social media content is shit and their picking on locals as targets for social media abuse is even shittier.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bandits said:

No I haven’t been fined for anything. But I’m Manx and I just object to being racially profiled and having my countrymen pilloried by a police force me and other taxpayers fund when you don’t see any form of police traffic policing for the other 50 weeks of the year. Which again I’m sure is part of the issue as the chances of getting a speeding ticket normally in the IOM is next to zero as you never, ever, usually see a police traffic vehicle doing anything. I just think their social media content is shit and their picking on locals as targets for social media abuse is even shittier.

Racially profiled? Come on now. "Local" isn't a race, particularly given less than half the population were born here!

The social media is shit though.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

They have shamed all locals with a sad and pathetic scoreboard posted on Twitter and Facebook. Why should they be expected to be behaving any better or any worse than visitors? At the end of the day they know it’s easier to fine locals and take them to court so that’s what they do. It’s got little to do with anything else. It’s nothing more than a purge on locals who are an easy target. 

as they have with visitors - don't drive like a dick and you won't be named and shamed...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Shamed?? Lol

I am local and drive between 4 and 5 hundred miles a week and have never been pulled by the police, never mind victimised.  Neve TV had a parking ticket either but then I don’t behave like a dick.

 

Is that Rupert Neve's audio company doing telly production now and getting parking tickets? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Shamed?? Lol

I am local and drive between 4 and 5 hundred miles a week and have never been pulled by the police, never mind victimised.  Neve TV had a parking ticket either but then I don’t behave like a dick.

 

Sorry - laggy laptop caused double post error.

Edited by Stu Peters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ve said it elsewhere but the 50mph over Cronky is especially irritating, being stuck behind a slow moving vehicle for miles, the only decent overtaking opportunity is Cronk Y Voddy and it might aswell be no overtaking because if I overtake at 50-55mph it will take me the full length of the straight to cleanly overtake, that’s if the buggers that have done 30-40mph all through Glen Helen don’t speed up to 50mph as soon as they reach the straight which is quite often the case.

I don’t want to see more accidents but if they don’t happen they’ll use this as justification and we’ll be stuck with 50mph every TT despite 60mph being perfectly reasonable previously.

 

Cronk y voddy is great flat out 

- Apart from the zones of invisibility

- And the two concealed junctions.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm all for the 50 on the Round Table road - I've seen some shocking driving along there. But - if that road justifies a temporary limit over TT, due to a couple of serious accidents, how come that the mountain, which has loads of serious accidents, is limit free? Some inconsistency there. If the road safety strategy is indeed taking an "Evidence based approach" like it says it is, then there's loads of evidence of excessive speed related collisions on the mountain, yet no attempt to curtail it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...