Death seeking cyclists

Bandits

Posted (edited)

Amazed that the Police only let the cyclists on the mountain off with a caution in the end. It seems that a lot of them have acquired some sort of death wish in recent years when it comes to TT activities. What is actually wrong with sensibly staying off the main or closed roads for a few days to preserve your own life and the lives of others when we have about 30,000 motorbikes here traveling at high speed? But no we’re cyclists so common sense doesn’t apply to us asserting out ‘right’ to cycle wherever we choose. 

It seems the bellends are even now openly advertising their stupidity to the TT audience. Not only do I fancy risking my own life I’ll just take my small child out with me as well and see if we can get both clobbered by a bike. Complete f**king idiots and yet our government and police appear to actively support them trying to kill themselves.

AF9C9811-BB66-43EC-96F3-2B1DA8C138A0.jpeg

Edited by Bandits

Posted (edited)

while I was surprised that the cyclists on the mountain only received cautions, this tweet, whatever, at face value is someone who doesn't have a car, taking their kid to school/nursery on roads in Douglas, in a town where the traffic is moving pretty slowly anyway. They are going about their business, don't see a problem with it myself whatsoever.

Your post comes across as a bit bullying, really, if you want to find cyclists to be genuinely annoyed at, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 3

Just now, Hoops said:

while I was surprised that the cyclists on the mountain only received cautions, this tweet, whatever, at face value is someone who doesn't have a car taking their kid to school/nursery on roads in Douglas, in a town where the traffic is moving pretty slowly anyway. They are going about their business, don't see a problem with it myself what-so-ever.

Your post comes across as a bit bullying, really, if you want to find cyclists to be genuinely annoyed at, it shouldn't be too difficult.

What is bullying about highlighting some cyclists deliberate and gross stupidity? It’s like they are exempt from common sense. Next time the rally is on perhaps I’ll take a mountain bike up a plantation and go the wrong way up a track. Because I’m a cyclist after all. What could possibly go wrong? 

OK, I'll bite. How many cyclists have been killed or left with life changing injuries over say the last 10 TT's. I think the answer is probably none. It is certainly way less than the number of competitors and spectators who have died or been seriously injured in the same period. 

Presumably you are in favour of the TT banned to stop this or is it a case that it is fine for TT competitors and spectators to undertake an activity where there is a proven risk of death or serious injury but not not for cyclists where the risk is considerably smaller. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You always sound angry and it is getting very wearing listening to you rant all the time.  Even if you have a valid argument, it is lost in the shouting and vitupery.

So you think it’s perfectly sensible to take a small child out on a bike in TT week on a main TT route and then advertise the fact that you’re doing it on a Facebook TT Group just to seek attention to yourself as a cyclist? 

10 minutes ago, Bandits said:

What is bullying about highlighting some cyclists deliberate and gross stupidity? It’s like they are exempt from common sense. Next time the rally is on perhaps I’ll take a mountain bike up a plantation and go the wrong way up a track. Because I’m a cyclist after all. What could possibly go wrong? 

because, the thing you focussed on included a picture of a small child and was quite an upbeat little story. It didn't involve any of the things that some cyclists/groups of cyclists can be guilty of, that annoy other road users. The person involved was on heavily speed restricted roads, going about their lawful business.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoops said:

because, the thing you focussed on included a picture of a small child and was quite an upbeat little story.

What is upbeat about putting yourself and your child at risk just to prove some pathetic point about being a cyclist? 

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

So you think it’s perfectly sensible to take a small child out on a bike in TT week on a main TT route and then advertise the fact that you’re doing it on a Facebook TT Group just to seek attention to yourself as a cyclist? 

See the last sentence of my post which you quoted.  It's like listening to a barmy old great uncle who can say nothing without ranting and swearing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gladys said:

See the last sentence of my post which you quoted.  It's like listening to a barmy old great uncle who can say nothing without ranting and swearing.

I take it you know the idiot involved then to get so confrontational 😂

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

I think the need to share the minutiae of your life with the outside world is..........tiresome. 

I suppose in this case though, the person posting could claim that their post is raising awareness that some people may be out and about cycling, in a town, the sort of place you might chose to live so you don't want or need the expense of a car.

Just now, Hoops said:

I suppose in this case though, the person posting could claim that their post is raising awareness that some people may be out and about cycling, in a town, the sort of place you might chose to live so you don't want or need the expense of a car.

Or you’re simply an attention seeking idiot who is even prepared to put your child at risk to make a sad point about being a cyclist?

Just now, Bandits said:

I take it you know the idiot involved then to get so confrontational 😂

No, I don't nor have I formed a view on the matter.  

Me? Confrontational?  Give over. 

2 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Or you’re simply an attention seeking idiot who is even prepared to put your child at risk to make a sad point about being a cyclist?

Well, since we're talking about attention seeking idiots............................

• Haha 4