Push for an all island speed limit (again)

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

She works for Manx Radio and they provide the commentary for the TT...

I thought the commentaries were provided by the TT organisers this year - as far as I can see only 2 or 3 people who are self employed presenters who sometimes work for Man Radio are involved. 

Isn't this is why the commentaries are also available on stations other than Manx Radio?    

11 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Why would anyone have brake tested someone on a bike trying to save some energy?  In what was was it “concerning”

It was concerning because had I genuinely had to stop in a hurry, he'd probably have been killed. Not my fault but that doesn't help such a situation.

"Saving energy"? He was probably expending more than he was saving in trying to keep up with the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It was concerning because had I genuinely had to stop in a hurry, he'd probably have been killed. Not my fault but that doesn't help such a situation.

"Saving energy"? He was probably expending more than he was saving in trying to keep up with the car.

You don’t understand how cycling works.  They are specifically banned from what he was doing in races as you were punching a huge hole in the air.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it.  If you could see him through your rear screen then he could seen through yours.

14 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

If you could see him through your rear screen then he could seen through yours.

I was more worried about the individual actually passing through my rear screen...and maybe the front too. The other issue is that practice-wise, it isn't a racetrack...it's a public road?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The fuming indignation expressed by one group of road users  ( fill in tribal name ) against others ( fill opposing name) probably has little to do with their respective modes  of transportation, but more to do with personality traits and  and in many situations… traffic density.

One has to bear in mind that quite a lot  of the people you encounter  anywhere  have, let us say,some significant degree of “social  difficulty”in relating to others.

Add the “anonymity cloak”  of a car, or the cultural clothing of cyclists and bikers which serves a similar function,  and there can be problems.

It is  perhaps significant that many cars have tinted windows and cyclists, dark glasses and bikers faces are obscured by helmet design - or choice.

People who would  normally squirm with  embarrassment and race to profusely aplogise after miss-stepping someone,  or colliding in the street or in a supermarket trolley clash are as, road users now self- righteous, combative - and even sometimes can be dangerously vengeful.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Thanks 2