Should the Lord of Mann be elected?

Manx Bean

43 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

And there are some dunkin donuts on here. The island is in a real mess with some real pressing social issues to deal with and yet tools on the NPM deem this a suitable subject, and give airtime and credence to various assorted crackpots, some with strange views. 

If there is a Royal visit for Tynpotwald Day, and it’s very possible, are these muppets, going to stand outside the Fairfield ranting, raving, gesticulating, ruminating and generally making total tits of themselves? I doubt it, as most of these types only jump on the bandwagon or copy others. If there is publicity for the island, especially favourable or Douglas Council benefits, you will find some of the critics will have more faces than the Jubilee Clock. 

We have had a succession of Chief Ministers basically not up to the job, can you imagine electing a Manx Head of State? It doesn’t bear thinking!

Incidentally I’m not a huge Royalist, but it’s not broke so why fix it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Crass timing coming only a week after the Platinum Jubilee. Manx Radio haven't a clue. We seem to have an over-abundance of muppets at the moment and I'm not sure why this is. 

when would be good timing ?    

It’s that little scamp Comrade Watson again! I can’t wait until he grows up!

The fact that the Queen is Lord of Mann is immaterial, it’s a Crown Possession, which keeps out little men who would be king, or have big political ambitions, such as people on Douglas City Council!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, NoTail said:

As the crown bought the Island in 1765 I can't see why or how you could vote for a different Lord of Man without declaring independence 

I think IOMG has bought it back

Anyway UK govt has said we can do what we want

Yeah 😂 let’s have a president, will cost more (you have to look after them when out of office)

presidents are always better tho 

Biden, Kim Jon whatever , hitler, macron , Putin etc all great examples 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Markduc said:

Yeah 😂 let’s have a president, will cost more (you have to look after them when out of office)

presidents are always better tho 

Biden, Kim Jon whatever , hitler, macron , Putin etc all great examples 

You can vote politicians out.