Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Currently enjoying on BBC Two the Stereophonics concert from Cardiff.

Sat in my comfy chair, glass of wine in hand. Not paying stupid money queuing for ages for a drink that you can’t take to your seat.

Enjoying the camera angles, no one blocking my view.

Not paid a fortune getting from the IOM to the Principality Stadium, getting a hotel room in Cardiff.

Recently went to the O2 arena to see a concert which was very good but was spoilt by idiots around me. Rewatched it on You Tube which was probably a better experience 
 

Maybe it’s just me getting old but although you can’t beat the authentic concert going experience, given the cost and stress (cancelled planes etc) watching on the telly ( you can record and watch when you want) seems a pretty good alternative.

Appreciate  not all concerts you may want to see are available on the main channels or You Tube.

Be interested in others views

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't see the point to be honest. If I'm not there you don't get the experience. 

It's the same as the football for example not being the same as being there. You make do with football as it's a changing experience. But a concert, well you're not hearing anything you haven't before.

Have seen a few of these things advertised at the cinema, come and see this concert or show. Doesn't interest me and probably never will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Wouldn't see the point to be honest. If I'm not there you don't get the experience. 

It's the same as the football for example not being the same as being there. You make do with football as it's a changing experience. But a concert, well you're not hearing anything you haven't before.

Have seen a few of these things advertised at the cinema, come and see this concert or show. Doesn't interest me and probably never will.

Largely agree. I try and make the effort to see my football team live at least once a season.

When I was younger it would be half a dozen times or more.

But if there up is a concert on the Telly you can get the beers, snacks in etc. ( Like people do for Eurovision and make a night of it Not my cup of tea though)

As I said it’s probably an age thing. Even if I was fortunate enough to get tickets for Glastonbury this year I don’t think I would go through all the hassle. Maybe thirty or forty years ago I would have jumped at the chance but now will watch it on the Telly surrounded by my creature comforts.

A bit like the Queen would probably have loved to be at Royal Ascot this year but she has to be realistic. 
 

It comes to us all so enjoy your concerts, football etc live while you still can🙂

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I'm of the same opinion. I used to go to a lot of concerts - all over Europe. The last few years the cost of tickets was putting me off, especially when you're beside some gobshites who talk through the whole event. So I started going to smaller gigs. That's even worse for idiots not shutting the fuck up but at least it was cheaper. They talk and shout loudly as if the music is a hindrance. It was really pissing me off to the point where it was always spoiling my night so I just stopped going.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mutley said:

I'm of the same opinion. I used to go to a lot of concerts - all over Europe. The last few years the cost of tickets was putting me off, especially when you're beside some gobshites who talk through the whole event. So I started going to smaller gigs. That's even worse for idiots not shutting the fuck up but at least it was cheaper. They talk and shout loudly as if the music is a hindrance. It was really pissing me off to the point where it was always spoiling my night so I just stopped going.

And yet, only a couple of weeks ago we had Fat Boy Slim playing to probably one of his smallest gigs ever, right here on the Island and not many people went. It's probably one of the only chances ever to see him play in such an intimate setting - I mean - where in the world would that happen? it happened here and hardly anyone saw it. (I'm still not over not knowing it was on - can you tell?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, Mutley said:

I'm of the same opinion. I used to go to a lot of concerts - all over Europe. The last few years the cost of tickets was putting me off, especially when you're beside some gobshites who talk through the whole event. So I started going to smaller gigs. That's even worse for idiots not shutting the fuck up but at least it was cheaper. They talk and shout loudly as if the music is a hindrance. It was really pissing me off to the point where it was always spoiling my night so I just stopped going.

Exactly. Recently spent a whole lot of money going to the O2 arena to see a concert from a major artist.. Not having been there before it was a bit of a bucket list thing.

Had Wayne and Waynetta behind me. Treated the whole thing as karaoke Spoilt the whole thing and I left three quarters of the way through. Others around me couldn’t stomach it that long and left before.

 

Just noticed I have said as much in my original posting ( but it was some time ago. I have agreed with myself. Can’t seem to delete this posting to cover my mistake but hey ho. Not a biggie. I’ve given a bit more detail

Flights , hotel and tickets the thick end of £700.

The whole concert is on U tube, good quality great camera angles from where about I sat. High enough just to catch Wayne and Waynettas heads only occasionally.

Not the same as being there but on this occasion I would have preferred it.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of third paragraph
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2022 at 8:40 AM, Roxanne said:

And yet, only a couple of weeks ago we had Fat Boy Slim playing to probably one of his smallest gigs ever, right here on the Island and not many people went. It's probably one of the only chances ever to see him play in such an intimate setting - I mean - where in the world would that happen? it happened here and hardly anyone saw it. (I'm still not over not knowing it was on - can you tell?)

How could you not have known it was on Rox?I heard or  saw from multiple sources that it was on. 
 

Not musically my cup of tea though. 
 

And rightly or wrongly I associate this individual with drug culture. But if he was my cup of tea that wouldn’t stop me going. Seen plenty of artists who have used drugs. Probably more than haven’t 


 


 

 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, victorian dad said:

Fat Boy slim was Amazing, first he twiddled the left knob, followed by the right knob & then he gave a thumbs up it was awesome!

I’m even sadder that I missed it now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2022 at 9:19 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

How could you not have known it was on Rox?I heard or  saw from multiple sources that it was on. 

I live in a bubble. MF is my only news source. Like a hermit in a cave. I like it that way. Until I don’t. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2022 at 8:40 AM, Roxanne said:

And yet, only a couple of weeks ago we had Fat Boy Slim playing to probably one of his smallest gigs ever, right here on the Island and not many people went. It's probably one of the only chances ever to see him play in such an intimate setting - I mean - where in the world would that happen? it happened here and hardly anyone saw it. (I'm still not over not knowing it was on - can you tell?)

The Saturday was far busier than the Sunday, so wouldn't say hardly anyone saw it. One of the main reasons for the issues in getting drinks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...