KFC

Youaintseenme

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m not calling or criticising, but does it matter who owns or operates the KFC site, and whether they are Manx. 

No it doesn't matter that he is manx other than its important than I was correcting something posted that was incorrect

6 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

In fairness someone asked and it was answered I thought correctly. 

That may or may not have been correct but that poster is only parroting the tone used by the previous one. 

I was under the impression it is the Starbucks & Dominos guy too.  I heard he's got some in Jersey also. 

Maybe he's just not gone in 100% on it.  Would make sense to share potentially with a big existing KFC operator. 

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

A lot of the traffic problems which Peel Road is now experiencing could have been predicted. Now Road users have to pay the consequences. Would it have been better located up in Spring Valley near the Business Park? 

Didnt they close the restaurant part last night and make it only drive through as people were just parking  near neighbouring businesses and walking  in

Is that going to be permanent? Or did they open the restaurant part again today.

1 minute ago, mad_manx said:

Didnt they close the restaurant part last night and make it only drive through as people were just parking  near neighbouring businesses and walking  in

Is that going to be permanent? Or did they open the restaurant part again today.

I do that all the time when I go to McDonalds. You can't get in as the drive through queue is usually out onto the main road so it is just easier and quicker to park up walk in and get your food. 

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Help or interference? Practical support or make life unbearable so the operation closes? 

Well if their business model involves people queuing round the block like that, then it probably ought to.  But in practice they would presumably prefer to have the level of custom that they could cope with on the site.  The people you have to feel sorry for are the surrounding business whose trade will be affected and parking taken up. 

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I do that all the time when I go to McDonalds. You can't get in as the drive through queue is usually out onto the main road so it is just easier and quicker to park up walk in and get your food. 

Problem is that people going to the gym or that plumbing shop/ wine cellar etc were not able to get parking spaces due to the "KFC crowd" yesterday. 

So they were all losing business.

I'm not sure if they opened the restaurant part of KFC  again today but last night it was drive through only 

Edited by mad_manx

20 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I was under the impression it is the Starbucks & Dominos guy too.  I heard he's got some in Jersey also. 

Maybe he's just not gone in 100% on it.  Would make sense to share potentially with a big existing KFC 

Yep. 

8 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

It's quicker now to use the app. 

Have done what you did and waited half an hour the last couple of times I've been in. 

Took me 15 minutes using the app the other night and didn't have to leave the car. 

I'm surprised nobody has opened a genuine fast food takeaway in Strand Street. 

The ones that are there generally only open late at night on weekends. 

A McDonalds or similar would clean up in town. 

Looking at available property and rents though it's perhaps not surprising.

42 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I'm surprised nobody has opened a genuine fast food takeaway in Strand Street. 

The ones that are there generally only open late at night on weekends. 

A McDonalds or similar would clean up in town. 

Looking at available property and rents though it's perhaps not surprising.

Greek/Med Kebab and Thai places just opened opposite Marksies.

Their fresh Falafel wrap is worth a taste.

Was almost a North African one where the Thai place is, but apparently they didn't get proper planning changes in place changing it from Travel Agent in time.