KFC

Youaintseenme

one of the traffic and road safety issues  arising from KFC and all the food outlets on peel road , is the amazing number of motorists  who risk life and limb  by carrying out a full 360 degree turn on the roundabouts at the quarter bridge , I have seen both used this week ,and it would seem if you cant get into the food area you just loop around the roundabout and go back for another try ,  it was bad enough when the no right turn exiting Mc Donalds was introduced ,and cars going back to town u turned on the roundabout , but its becoming a traffic problem now especially  for those who don't even bother to signal their intentions  to turn  , and I hope the idiots in the DOI who approved the plans and possibly a traffic management plan  will urgently look at the whole area from Pulrose bridge right through to the Quarter bridge ,

the litter and  food wrappers will be next My Donalds crap everywhere on Peel road 

7 minutes ago, Omobono said:

one of the traffic and road safety issues  arising from KFC and all the food outlets on peel road , is the amazing number of motorists  who risk life and limb  by carrying out a full 360 degree turn on the roundabouts at the quarter bridge , I have seen both used this week ,and it would seem if you cant get into the food area you just loop around the roundabout and go back for another try ,  it was bad enough when the no right turn exiting Mc Donalds was introduced ,and cars going back to town u turned on the roundabout , but its becoming a traffic problem now especially  for those who don't even bother to signal their intentions  to turn  , and I hope the idiots in the DOI who approved the plans and possibly a traffic management plan  will urgently look at the whole area from Pulrose bridge right through to the Quarter bridge ,

the litter and  food wrappers will be next My Donalds crap everywhere on Peel road 

Fsg2rNG.png

?

• Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Omobono said:

one of the traffic and road safety issues  arising from KFC and all the food outlets on peel road , is the amazing number of motorists  who risk life and limb  by carrying out a full 360 degree turn on the roundabouts at the quarter bridge

It's a roundabout... as far as I know there is absolutely nothing against the law or highway code to do this. Providing it is done is a manner as not to be considered dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Kopek said:

However many degrees are involved, it is not expected by other drivers. Except at the Tesco one.

Always expect the unexpected when driving. It's up to the driver to signal correctly and the other drivers to keep their eyes open.  There's nothing wrong with using a roundabout to turn back on yourself.  That's why its called a roundabout. Otherwise it would be called a triangle. Or something.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Always expect the unexpected when driving. It's up to the driver to signal correctly and the other drivers to keep their eyes open.  There's nothing wrong with using a roundabout to turn back on yourself.  That's why its called a roundabout. Otherwise it would be called a triangle. Or something.

If I am doing a u-turn there, I always stick my hand out of the window, because drivers coming south see your right indicator and assume you are going north so pull out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

If I am doing a u-turn there, I always stick my hand out of the window, because drivers coming south see your right indicator and assume you are going north so pull out. 

I don't understand this but please don't explain. :D 

And, I read that as you stuck your 'head' out of the window and that terrified me slightly.

On 6/20/2022 at 8:52 PM, TheTeapot said:

You'd have to be a total fucking dickhead to be in that queue. 

I already knew I was a total fucking dickhead before I joined it. 

Queueing for two hours was totally worth it for the gorgeous fried pigeon mmmm. 

Notice the FaceBook brigade have been out in force winging about the way the chickens are treated before their inevitable slaughter and therefore the chain should be boycotted. 

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I get the guy walking in front of my car with the flags to point it out to other drivers. 

download (36).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2