KFC

Youaintseenme

1 minute ago, TomTucker said:

Joined the KFC drive through queue at 11am under the red arch outside the door.

Took 35mins to get food.

Slow but worth it. yum...

Now this is the kind of information I expect from Quahogs most respected journalist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

If I am doing a u-turn there, I always stick my hand out of the window, because drivers coming south see your right indicator and assume you are going north so pull out. 

How often do you do a u turn there? Do you get confused about where you are going or have just just confessed your obsession with MacDonald's

2 hours ago, Manxweegie said:

It's a roundabout... as far as I know there is absolutely nothing against the law or highway code to do this. Providing it is done is a manner as not to be considered dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention. 

you notice a real roundabout sign has a gap indicating it is not a continuous circuit even though there is road where the gap is , people are not expected to enter and leave from the same road.

download.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, WTF said:

you notice a real roundabout sign has a gap indicating it is not a continuous circuit even though there is road where the gap is , people are not expected to enter and leave from the same road.

download.jpg

The gap in the sign is to show there is no road to go round anti-clockwise, you MUST go clockwise, right round the roundabout, to get to your exit. Note: despite the gap in the sign, making it look like you can't go all the way round, you can still legally do a u-turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

download.jpg

Only talks about not doing U-turns on mini-roundabouts, at least in the UK

image.thumb.png.1cf3b269fd1e62a858f994d22e58b883.png

image.thumb.png.68a485e0685e72823790299831c04e1d.png

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

download.jpg

They certainly wouldn’t expect it in this situation that’s for sure. And I take exception to your use of the word ‘real’. Are you suggesting ours aren’t? 

18 minutes ago, WTF said:

download.jpg

You never driven with both of the sat nav's going at the same time.

The car one and the one in the passenger seat.

Found myself on many occasions driving where I came from because of the passenger seat sat nav.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Manxweegie said:

So as it says "avoid", rather than "must not",  this means it is entirely allowed to perform a U-turn on am mini-roundabout. It is just not recommended. 

Avoid generally means avoid unless you have no alternative because it is bad practice and it would go against you if you had a smash. I think the U turns are due to Pulrose bridge being snarled up with cars waiting to turn left, we did have two lanes and now we only have one so it was somewhat predictable.

So the most common options are :

A) Exit left, head towards QB, left hand lane, then left at traffic lights towards NSC, over bridge, join traffic waiting to turn left/right (previous to the new road layout you’d typically get through the lights on one cycle because there were two lanes and little traffic)

B) Exit left, head towards QB, right hand lane, take Bray Hill exit, then second right and come out at Woodbourne Road.

C) Right hand turn at Milestone or loop round the roundabout, both should be avoided at busy times because you risk catching a driver unaware.

At quiet times I would opt for option C, at busy times I’d opt for Option A over option B, but that was before they changed the road layout, so now option B would be the only ‘correct’ option for me.

With the current road layout I think they’ll end up trying to adopt some sort of one way system in/out of town because I can’t see them reverting to the old bridge layout any time soon.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Despite what I said, while hosing down out the back I couldn’t stop thinking about this. 

Are you talking about coming from Peel road and going back to Peel road? 

Yes, coming out of McDs because with no right turn you have no option unless you go left at QB and by the NEC and power station. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Every smart car I see now I pay special attention to see if I can spot you. 

Tell you what, I can't stop smiling every time I'm driving it, it's hilarious after all the different motors I've had. Suppose it reminds me of all the fun I had in my A30 nearly sixty years ago, although the Smart is a whole lot quicker.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, coming out of McDs because with no right turn you have no option unless you go left at QB and by the NEC and power station. 

I get it now. Thanks. I shall now follow your advice for extra precaution. 

9 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Tell you what, I can't stop smiling every time I'm driving it, it's hilarious after all the different motors I've had. Suppose it reminds me of all the fun I had in my A30 nearly sixty years ago, although the Smart is a whole lot quicker.

And less smelly. 😂

• Haha 2