Jump to content

KFC


Youaintseenme
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve put a post out asking people to comment on their experiences with traffic over the next days / weeks to see if there’s a need to intervene. I’m not keen on knee jerk reactions after the first couple of days. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I’ve put a post out asking people to comment on their experiences with traffic over the next days / weeks to see if there’s a need to intervene. I’m not keen on knee jerk reactions after the first couple of days. 

Apparently they've delayed opening Starbucks by 3 weeks because that's how long they expect the madness to continue for, at a minimum.

Today I saw people turning in to the newspapers building to turn around, causing a mini jam in their car park to join the queue on the road.

We've all see the crazy Maccies queue, difference is that this is near a major traffic light junction and its forever going to have after school and weekend messes. But we all knew that would happen.

Walking around town today I must've overheard 80% of people talking about the madness and stupidity of the KFC queue.

Edited by NoTailT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

We've all see the crazy Maccies queue, difference is that this is near a major traffic light junction and its forever going to have after school and weekend messes. But we all knew that would happen.

Walking around town today I must've overheard 80% of people talking about the madness and stupidity of the KFC queue.

The madness and stupidity should be aimed solely at planning and DOI. How this ever was allowed I will never know. Its proximity to the junction and the lights and really no sufficent room to queue causes major problems.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The madness and stupidity should be aimed solely at planning and DOI. How this ever was allowed I will never know. Its proximity to the junction and the lights and really no sufficent room to queue causes major problems.  

It should be aimed at the people who queue also to be honest.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

It should be aimed at the people who queue also to be honest.

I get what your saying but all the people are doing are trying to access a service . Theres a need and the area  its clearly not fit for the level of customers. Is that the customers fault or the people that allowed the development to go ahead. Lets face it they had a similar operation , be it in a slightly better location , at McDonald's so I'm not sure how they expected any different at KFC. And Starbucks and a Indian to come soon. I reckon the powers that be have a big problem down there . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I get what your saying but all the people are doing are trying to access a service . Theres clearly a need and the area  its clearly not fit for the level of customers. Is that the customers fault or the people that allowed the devolopment to go ahead. Lets face it they had a similar operation , be it in a slightly better location , at McDonald's so I'm not sure how they expected any different at KFC. And Starbucks and a Indian to come soon. I reckon the powers that be have a big problem down there . 

The solution will be to build a bridge from the Bowl.. betcha. DOI project.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

The solution will be to build a bridge from the Bowl.. betcha. DOI project.

Ohhh , for sure theres going to have to be something planned. But DOI have been knocked back on lots of there schemes so will be interesting how they get funding. Bit embarrassing really  but am sure DOI dont give a toss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Ohhh , for sure theres going to have to be something planned. But DOI have been knocked back on lots of there schemes so will be interesting how they get funding. Bit embarrassing really  but am sure DOI dont give a toss. 

You can already see how they'll play it.

The private property owner has agreed to pay for it. Its a win for tax payers, the experienced team within the DOI, along with chicken and coffee lovers everywhere.

When I first posted it, it was a joke. But the more I consider it, I can see something so stupid happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

You can already see how they'll play it.

The private property owner has agreed to pay for it. Its a win for tax payers, the experienced team within the DOI, along with chicken and coffee lovers everywhere.

When I first posted it, it was a joke. But the more I consider it, I can see something so stupid happening.

I think its likely to happen because if not what does it say to other organisations wanting to come here. And if they dont find a solution they are going to look even bigger dicks. Like I said its funding will be the biggest issue.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to know how all the practicalities and objections to the planning being granted were dismissed or ignored in the first instance?

The McD outlet has being causing tailbacks and queueing issues since it opened in 1998(?). How on earth did anybody think that now opening KFC and  Starbucks takeaway outlets within 100m of it on the same road wasn't going to exacerbate the matter?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's still an issue I'm 3 weeks then stick down some no waiting lines on Peel Road and use traffic cams to fine anyone blocking the highway. A bit like they do with bus lanes on the adjacent island. 

Things will settle down though. Don't forget that huge crowds showed up to the opening of the first escalator on the island. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a report on 3fm in November 2019

"An assessment by Highways Services, described as ‘one of the most comprehensive ever done for an application’, found the development would have an ‘acceptable’ impact on traffic." 

Highway services was I presume a part of DOI.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, emesde said:

From a report on 3fm in November 2019

"An assessment by Highways Services, described as ‘one of the most comprehensive ever done for an application’, found the development would have an ‘acceptable’ impact on traffic." 

Highway services was I presume a part of DOI.

Head of Highways is Jeff Robinson. One day if he tries really hard he will only be a muppet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we are honest the traffic at McDonalds isn't that bad, yes it comes out onto the road but that is because the drive through queue blocks those wanting to go in and eat, even when the traffic comes out onto the road you can get past it, KFC has more space and I do expect once the initial reaction of 'yay we have something new on the Island' wears off there won't be an issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...