KFC

Youaintseenme

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

For some reason MLP and others seem to be trying to turn it into a class issue. Like the rest of the IOM is looking down it’s nose at a load of chavs blocking the road to stuff themselves with chicken. Rather than a traffic issue. It’s easy granny farming. But then again she’s a Cretney so she’s learned from the master! 

To be fair to Maltby, you just have to read through this thread and there's a lot of people looking so far down their nose that their eyes must be in outer space.

On the other hand I can't see why a franchise making large amounts of money for someone with a lot of it anyway should be seen as a triumph for the workers, but that's the MLP for you.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

For some reason MLP and others seem to be trying to turn it into a class issue. Like the rest of the IOM is looking down it’s nose at a load of chavs blocking the road to stuff themselves with chicken. Rather than a traffic issue. It’s easy granny farming. But then again she’s a Cretney so she’s learned from the master! 

If you read most of the comments on this thread, it absolutely is a class issue. Lots of chat about stuffing faces, and why aren't people eating at home, and I suspect if this was a takeaway outpost of Nobu or El Bulli and Peel Road was rammed with all those HNWs in Bentleys the tone of the commentary would be somewhat different.

Edited by lethargy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Can Highways Division also please publish their epic in-depth transport survey in relation to this planning application? 

There is some information in the documents attached to the planning application. In their original letter Highway Services opposed the application

18/00977/B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lethargy said:

If you read most of the comments on this thread, it absolutely is a class issue. Lots of chat about stuffing faces, and why aren't people eating at home, and I suspect if this was a takeaway outpost of Nobu or El Bulli and Peel Road was rammed with all those HNWs in Bentleys the tone of the commentary would be somewhat different.

Probably be the same just different people complaining. Not sure this is a "class" issue but there's definite snobbery.

Not snobbery in my case. Just not a big eater of fried food tbh And I find McDonalds to close to eating cardboard sadly. Maybe once a year just to see if it was as really tastless as I remember . I so get the attractions to both though but it is mind blowing just how popular both places are. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kevster said:

There is some information in the documents attached to the planning application. In their original letter Highway Services opposed the application

18/00977/B

Seems they took no notice of the concerns for cars turning left cutting across the cycle lane. Plod seems to have a half-arsed comment there as well

The Police are probably taking a view that it will not be this bad forever ? Why antagonise people who want fried Chicken because we would equally critisise the Police for that!

I doubt that the customers are predominately of lower social class, just from the number of 30k cars in the queue?

An MHK has said she will take her Kids as '' a treat'', that is what is wrong with fast food chain concept.

I would imagine that Americans, who invented this phenomenon, would be horrified that we regard this as a 'treat', Americans lunch on sandwiches, a McDonalds is simply a hot lunchtime sandwich, it's not 'Dinner' for most.

There is a sector of our society that will be excluded from this KFC offering, the 'Ladies' who, because they are in a restaurant, eat their sandwich with a knife and fork, just look in the Tea Junction?

How could they possibly eat with their fingers???? 😉

• Haha 1