KFC

Youaintseenme

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

McDonald’s staff (and now KFC) are paid more than their retail counterparts and I think the stereotypical view that you and many others hold is the main reason for that, so really they get the last laugh.

and they don't get time to stand and gossip and look at their phones either, they do work from clocking on till clocking off.

14 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’m not being judgmental about where people work at all. I’m saying that a lot of the staff who work there look like they have something wrong with them. I’m sure that’s nothing specifically to do with McDonalds. 

So you're saying that a lot of staff who work everywhere "look like they have something wrong with them" then?  This may say something more about you than retail staff.

• Like 3

A jobs a job so wherever you work , be it McDonalds or somewhere else, its a start  for many of there working life. I have a few friends that have worked there and all have said its hard work and pretty intense.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, wrighty said:

And McDonalds have a pretty reasonable career development scheme. Weren’t they going to be giving out degrees at one point?

Sorry but you misheard,  it was de-greaser they were giving out. 😉

Posted (edited)

McDonald’s was causing more queues than KFC today.

I really don’t get it.  I don’t mind food from either if I need to grab something quick while I am out and about but if there is a queue o just go to one of the many other places that sell grab and go food.  I sure as hell wouldn’t spend time waiting.

As for anyone knocking the people who work there KFC weee advertising for assistant manager at 32k.  It not great Mandy but there are quite a few office dwellers who might sneer at someone who works in a fast food joint who don’t earn that. 

In short I wouldn’t personal queue but any who mocks or thinks they are in some way above people who eat there or work there is a dick.

Edited by Youaintseenme
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

A jobs a job so wherever you work , be it McDonalds or somewhere else, its a start  for many of there working life. I have a few friends that have worked there and all have said its hard work and pretty intense.

That's the problem such places are going to have.  They require an endless supply of younger workers who will cope with the pressure and are happy with low-ish wages.  And demographics mean that there are fewer of them around and sources of them from outside the UK are drying up for various other reasons.

It's creating jobs at a time when a lot of school leavers aren't going to university anymore because of the cost. Yes it might not be in keeping with what we might like the island to be (turning into a poor version of any nondescript town in the UK) but needs must at the moment. Keep the unemployment figures down, generate internal revenue and unfortunately feed the monster that is our health service with more poor quality, food substitute products. 

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

It's creating jobs at a time when a lot of school leavers aren't going to university anymore because of the cost. Yes it might not be in keeping with what we might like the island to be (turning into a poor version of any nondescript town in the UK) but needs must at the moment. Keep the unemployment figures down, generate internal revenue and unfortunately feed the monster that is our health service with more poor quality, food substitute products. 

Food substitute?  There is nothing wrong with the food from KFC or McD’s?  Both are better than most shop bought sandwiches, pasta boxes, chippy, bakery etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

McDonald’s was causing more queues than KFC today.

I really don’t get it.  I don’t mind food from either if I need to grab something quick while I am out and about but if there is a queue o just go to one of the many other places that sell grab and go food.  I sure as hell wouldn’t spend time waiting.

As for anyone knocking the people who work there KFC weee advertising for assistant manager at 32k.  It not great Mandy but there are quite a few office dwellers who might sneer at someone who works in a fast food joint who don’t earn that. 

In short I wouldn’t personal queue but any who mocks or thinks they are in some way above people who eat there or work there is a dick.

the same people that are slagging off queues at KFC and maccys will be the same people that are happy to queue round the isles in M&S for a butty at lunchtime , or any sandwich shop, the only difference being they aren't drive throughs.