KFC

Youaintseenme

38 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I went this evening.  It seemed quiet from the road, but was directed to the drive through queue starting behind Starbucks.  In 15 minutes I hadn't moved much so went back in to the car park to go in on foot.  There was a queue out of the door so I left. 

Going past McDonalds it looked very busy too.  

Neither were queuing on the road, possibly at KFC  because they have someone at the entrance directing traffic. 

I am guessing people are going to KFC, seeing the queue then going on the McDonalds.

I went to the Terrace Chippy. 

Probably for the best and supporting local economy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Its going to be interesting to see how this pans out as it seems to be that people only have the money to go to either KFC or McDonalds looking at the queues. When Mackies is empty KFC is busy and visa versa. Which probably makes sense as there’s unlikely enough new trade brought in by KFC. So I wonder who is the winner and the loser over the long term as the McDonalds with all its constantly broken ordering machines has been a license to print money for years. 

The surprise winner is probably Milestone  next door ..People end up low on fuel after the queue at the drive through and end up having  to fill up 😀

It's much more busier than it used to be.

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Its going to be interesting to see how this pans out as it seems to be that people only have the money to go to either KFC or McDonalds looking at the queues. When Mackies is empty KFC is busy and visa versa. Which probably makes sense as there’s unlikely enough new trade brought in by KFC. So I wonder who is the winner and the loser over the long term as the McDonalds with all its constantly broken ordering machines has been a license to print money for years. 

Either of them are ridiculous for queues at times. Sitting in your car for 30 minutes before you get to order your food hardly fulfills anyones definition of ‘fast food’. it is just quicker to go to the chippy. But you’re right it sort of looks like it’s the same customers now just sharing the load between whether they eat at McD’s and whether they eat at KFC so someone is presumably going to lose out. 

46 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Branch of Vellikas from Ramsey

Good food in their restaurant.

This location surprises me and when I first heard they were opening there I thought someone was having me on.

I can’t think of any reason I would go there for an Indian meal?  Maybe it will be a new concept of some sort because if it’s just an Indian I really don’t get it.

9 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

This location surprises me and when I first heard they were opening there I thought someone was having me on.

I can’t think of any reason I would go there for an Indian meal?  Maybe it will be a new concept of some sort because if it’s just an Indian I really don’t get it.

Good food and save a a drive to Ramsey at a guess ?

Just now, fredtosser said:

Good food and save a a drive to Ramsey at a guess ?

Nowhere to walk for a drink after, and with a view of a car park and drive in queue for Starbucks and KFC?

I would rather just go to one of the indian restaurants in Douglas, but maybe that’s just me?  I honestly can’t think of a single reason I would decide to go there for Indian food 

Perhaps it is counting on doing a good trade with take outs and deliveries…more people, more delivery traffic.    Take outs usually cost a lot less than restaurants and the booze is substantially cheaper when you provide your own.

10 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

The concept is well proven in the other Isles. Time will tell if it works here. The concept is more your family meal out rather than a booze up and in the UK they tend to be nearer to retail parks. 

I agree, it's hard to see what the market will be.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:33 PM, Passing Time said:

I'm not about to feed back anything until I have tried it myself. 

Tried it myself yesterday. The young guy controlling the car park suggested avoiding the drive in and park up and order (which we did) approx 30 minutes from ordering to getting back in the car so not too bad considering they were busy. Nothing at all wrong with the food, exactly as we wanted it cooked to perfection and piping hot. They may want to replace the bins in the car park though. I think every seagull in Douglas and the surrounding areas was there systematically emptying the open top bins

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

approx 30 minutes from ordering to getting back in the car so not too bad considering they were busy. 

Honestly 30 minutes just to be served is appalling busy or not. KFC is supposedly a fast food franchise is it not? 

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I literally could not be arsed waiting half an hour for a bucket of chicken. 

Normally neither would I but the grandkids were looking forward to it. As a previous poster said IIRC it'll soon get back to normality