Jump to content

Isle of Man Creamery ‘Pride’ cheese


Steady Eddie
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Do you exclusively use their names?  Most people use the name first to identify who they are talking about, then pronouns. 

 

I don’t think I’ve ever used anyones pronouns to address them with since about 1985 when we generally stopped calling people “Mr” such and such or “Mrs” such and such at work. I might call someone “mate” but then again they aren’t my mate in a general friendship sense or anyone I intend to physically mate with. I use peoples names. The whole thing above is literally preposterous. Most people think it’s preposterous and I can understand the backlash the likes of Halifax is getting when it gets a load of wokey millennial dicks to preach and issue threats to its customers. Quite simply 90% of people simply don’t care so why make it an issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used anyones pronouns to address them with since about 1985 when we generally stopped calling people “Mr” such and such or “Mrs” such and such at work. I might call someone “mate” but then again they aren’t my mate in a general friendship sense or anyone I intend to physically mate with. I use peoples names. The whole thing above is literally preposterous. Most people think it’s preposterous and I can understand the backlash the likes of Halifax is getting when it gets a load of wokey millennial dicks to preach and issue threats to its customers. Quite simply 90% of people simply don’t care so why make it an issue?

I don't think you're right there.

https://lgbt.foundation/evidence/british-social-attitudes-survey-36-relationships-and-gender-attitudes-to-transgender-people/57

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/07/16/where-does-british-public-stand-transgender-rights

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/about-us/news/new-report-tells-us-how-public-actually-feel-about-trans-people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, HeliX said:

That's quite often code for "I don't think I'm homophobic but I don't want to see gay people represented in media, or out holding hands with each other in the street."

Maybe, but it was 20 or more years ago. Things are different now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Good on the Creamery it is a way that they can show support and hopefully contribute some cash to a good cause.   Why do people take the proverbial out of anyone or any company that show initiative and try to do a bit of good in the miserable world we live in ?

Isle of Man Creamery are being woke and right-on down with the kids.

They pulled their advertising from Stu Peters' Manx Radio show after his remark for which he was found to have done nothing wrong. I just see their product in a different way now. Yes, the cheese is nice, I can't deny, but I have got used to trying others and haven't touched IoM Creamery cheese since, and will only buy their milk if it is all that is left on the shelf. That's me being small-minded but it is treating like with like.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

I think the whole thing is fairly pointless and just a silly fad to be honest. What’s wrong with just using someone’s name? We’re all used to name badges. Why do I have to have some sort of guide to someones preferred gender pronoun on top? To me it’s just silly and pointless. I don’t need to know how someone chooses to identify themself in order to interact with them in a respectful way in any setting? 

It avoids embarrasment when people accidently misgender someone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Do you exclusively use their names?  Most people use the name first to identify who they are talking about, then pronouns. 

 

Gladys asked "Do you exclusively use their names?" Gladys asserted most people use the name first to identify who they are talking about, "then" Gladys said "pronouns". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Do you mean calling a male a boy/man and a female a girl/woman?

No I mean calling a man "she" or a woman "he". It's basic good manners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HeliX said:

No I think I’m largely right that most people actively do not care and generally think the whole pronouns thing is a joke. If someone asked me to address them as ‘them’ I would generally make the assumption that they have mental health issues to the point that I would be unlikely to want to engage with ‘them’ anyway. A good chunk of this self identification thing is simply attention-seeking woke bullshit. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

No I think I’m largely right that most people actively do not care and generally think the whole pronouns thing is a joke. If someone asked me to address them as ‘them’ I would generally make the assumption that they have mental health issues to the point that I would be unlikely to want to engage with ‘them’ anyway. A good chunk of this self identification thing is simply attention-seeking woke bullshit. 

Amazing that you believe your "I think" is more valid than actual statistics.

As for the rest of the post, presumably you're a qualified psychologist with many years experience in the field of gender identity. You must be to so strongly assert something in complete disagreement with the vast body of professionals and experts.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Amazing that you believe your "I think" is more valid than actual statistics.

Have you ever stopped to consider that anyone who actually stops to participate in a Stonewall Poll or finds and completes one online is likely to already be in a category that is going to be sympathetic to the poll objectives?

Also I don’t need to be a psychologist to opine that if someone wants to refer to themselves in the third person as ‘them’ then they’re probably pretty screwed up in the head and likely receiving some sort of therapy or psychological support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

No I think I’m largely right that most people actively do not care and generally think the whole pronouns thing is a joke. If someone asked me to address them as ‘them’ I would generally make the assumption that they have mental health issues to the point that I would be unlikely to want to engage with ‘them’ anyway. A good chunk of this self identification thing is simply attention-seeking woke bullshit. 

Maybe the majority are insenstive assholes but I expect it's mostly people who've never really thought about it.  It's no more effort for you to refer to someone by their prefered pronoun than it is to refer to someone by their prefered name. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...