Metabolizm

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Nice name. 

What was it? 

This might explain why it wasn’t very well attended 😂

Two days and nights of entertainment from very expensive acts from the UK (Fat Boy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Example) on a very expensive stage and sound system at a very expensive venue (The Nunnery) with a very expensive security and police presence.

Its great that we have these events, but I don’t know what needs to change to get them better supported.  People whine there is nothing on then don’t turn out when there is. 

The weather was decent, the venue was great and still it was quiet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfi7PhHsIw_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Two days and nights of entertainment from very expensive acts from the UK (Fat Boy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Example) on a very expensive stage and sound system at a very expensive venue (The Nunnery) with a very expensive security and police presence.

Its great that we have these events, but I don’t know what needs to change to get them better supported.  People whine there is nothing on then don’t turn out when there is. 

One of my kids went on the saturday, said it was very busy at the bar and that drinks were very expensive, but that Norman was great. I think tickets were £70 or something similar, maybe we haven't actually got the demographic with the money to successfully do the two nights? Although the expense to just run one night would be huge - very difficult to gauge. Anyway, I wish the promoters and 1886 well, we need this sort of thing for the young 'uns. Do the DoE support this sort of venture?

22 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

It wasn’t advertised very well I only knew it was on from speaking to someone who was going that night. I hadn’t seen anything about it before then. If I’d have known in advance I’d have bought a ticket it’s a shame as it looked to be really professionally put together. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

🤣🤣🤣 some brilliant dancing there.... I thought I was bad but.....

2 hours ago, Hoops said:

One of my kids went on the saturday, said it was very busy at the bar and that drinks were very expensive, but that Norman was great. I think tickets were £70 or something similar, maybe we haven't actually got the demographic with the money to successfully do the two nights? Although the expense to just run one night would be huge - very difficult to gauge. Anyway, I wish the promoters and 1886 well, we need this sort of thing for the young 'uns. Do the DoE support this sort of venture?

1886 were nothing to do with it. 

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

It wasn’t advertised very well I only knew it was on from speaking to someone who was going that night. I hadn’t seen anything about it before then. If I’d have known in advance I’d have bought a ticket it’s a shame as it looked to be really professionally put together. 

There were posters everywhere in town. The only other thing I thought they could have done was pushed it on social media harder.

Given the demographic of this event, what do you suggest? 

• Like 1

We had family members attend and they had a very good time.  Same complaints about the bar and toilet queue.

Also some heavy handed bullying security staff.  

Was it government supported?  Dr Allanson was there, as was the governor!

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

We had family members attend and they had a very good time.  Same complaints about the bar and toilet queue.

Ah, complimentary tickets anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

No.

Was at The Nunnery of course though so perhaps something to do with that side of it.

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Was that American "Ass Monkey" guy there too?

Who was all over the Death Race 2022?

3 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The real question is was Callister fawning over Mr Zoe Ball?

I think both this and 1886 will have more than a fighting chance precisely because government have minimal involvement in them. 

the guy behind this one has the cash to make it fly if he gets enough public support. I’m sure they will have learned and will refine things. Something govt never do