Jump to content

Metabolizm


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Nice name. 

What was it? 

This might explain why it wasn’t very well attended 😂

Two days and nights of entertainment from very expensive acts from the UK (Fat Boy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Example) on a very expensive stage and sound system at a very expensive venue (The Nunnery) with a very expensive security and police presence.

Its great that we have these events, but I don’t know what needs to change to get them better supported.  People whine there is nothing on then don’t turn out when there is. 
 

The weather was decent, the venue was great and still it was quiet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfi7PhHsIw_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

This might explain why it wasn’t very well attended 😂

Two days and nights of entertainment from very expensive acts from the UK (Fat Boy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Example) on a very expensive stage and sound system at a very expensive venue (The Nunnery) with a very expensive security and police presence.

Its great that we have these events, but I don’t know what needs to change to get them better supported.  People whine there is nothing on then don’t turn out when there is. 
 

The weather was decent, the venue was great and still it was quiet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfi7PhHsIw_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

One of my kids went on the saturday, said it was very busy at the bar and that drinks were very expensive, but that Norman was great. I think tickets were £70 or something similar, maybe we haven't actually got the demographic with the money to successfully do the two nights? Although the expense to just run one night would be huge - very difficult to gauge. Anyway, I wish the promoters and 1886 well, we need this sort of thing for the young 'uns. Do the DoE support this sort of venture?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Its great that we have these events, but I don’t know what needs to change to get them better supported.  People whine there is nothing on then don’t turn out when there is. 

It wasn’t advertised very well I only knew it was on from speaking to someone who was going that night. I hadn’t seen anything about it before then. If I’d have known in advance I’d have bought a ticket it’s a shame as it looked to be really professionally put together. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

This might explain why it wasn’t very well attended 😂

Two days and nights of entertainment from very expensive acts from the UK (Fat Boy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Example) on a very expensive stage and sound system at a very expensive venue (The Nunnery) with a very expensive security and police presence.

Its great that we have these events, but I don’t know what needs to change to get them better supported.  People whine there is nothing on then don’t turn out when there is. 
 

The weather was decent, the venue was great and still it was quiet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfi7PhHsIw_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

🤣🤣🤣 some brilliant dancing there.... I thought I was bad but.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hoops said:

One of my kids went on the saturday, said it was very busy at the bar and that drinks were very expensive, but that Norman was great. I think tickets were £70 or something similar, maybe we haven't actually got the demographic with the money to successfully do the two nights? Although the expense to just run one night would be huge - very difficult to gauge. Anyway, I wish the promoters and 1886 well, we need this sort of thing for the young 'uns. Do the DoE support this sort of venture?

1886 were nothing to do with it. 

 

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

It wasn’t advertised very well I only knew it was on from speaking to someone who was going that night. I hadn’t seen anything about it before then. If I’d have known in advance I’d have bought a ticket it’s a shame as it looked to be really professionally put together. 

There were posters everywhere in town. The only other thing I thought they could have done was pushed it on social media harder.

Given the demographic of this event, what do you suggest? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had family members attend and they had a very good time.  Same complaints about the bar and toilet queue.

Also some heavy handed bullying security staff.  

Was it government supported?  Dr Allanson was there, as was the governor!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

We had family members attend and they had a very good time.  Same complaints about the bar and toilet queue.

Also some heavy handed bullying security staff.  

Was it government supported?  Dr Allanson was there, as was the governor!

Ah, complimentary tickets anyone?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

We had family members attend and they had a very good time.  Same complaints about the bar and toilet queue.

Also some heavy handed bullying security staff.  

Was it government supported?  Dr Allanson was there, as was the governor!

No.

Was at The Nunnery of course though so perhaps something to do with that side of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

We had family members attend and they had a very good time.  Same complaints about the bar and toilet queue.

Also some heavy handed bullying security staff.  

Was it government supported?  Dr Allanson was there, as was the governor!

Was that American "Ass Monkey" guy there too?

Who was all over the Death Race 2022?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The real question is was Callister fawning over Mr Zoe Ball?

I think both this and 1886 will have more than a fighting chance precisely because government have minimal involvement in them. 
 

the guy behind this one has the cash to make it fly if he gets enough public support. I’m sure they will have learned and will refine things. Something govt never do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...