Metabolizm

4 hours ago, jackwhite said:

There were posters everywhere in town. The only other thing I thought they could have done was pushed it on social media harder.

Given the demographic of this event, what do you suggest? 

Well I didn’t see any and I’m in town every day first I heard of it was about 2:00 that afternoon when I bumped into a mate who said they were going. Also what is the demographic? Fat Boy Slim is 58 so I’d imagine the target ordinance are mostly 1990s ravers who are now in their 40s. So probably Facebook. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jackwhite said:

1886 were nothing to do with it. 

There were posters everywhere in town. The only other thing I thought they could have done was pushed it on social media harder.

Given the demographic of this event, what do you suggest? 

Yeah, I was referring to the series of high profile gigs they held in TT week, I could have made that clearer.

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Well I didn’t see any and I’m in town every day first I heard of it was about 2:00 that afternoon when I bumped into a mate who said they were going. Also what is the demographic? Fat Boy Slim is 58 so I’d imagine the target ordinance are mostly 1990s ravers who are now in their 40s. So probably Facebook. 

I didn't see anything on Facebook. Honestly don't know how you missed the posters, they're in just about every shop window. Some of them were still there today a half hour ago when I walked through.

They also had 3FM as their 'official media partner' so didn't exactly scrimp on it.

19 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Who is that guy? 

Andy Corrin is his name. Did try to do some digging but couldn't really find any information. He's from the island but don't think he lives here most of the time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Just because someone is nervous in an interview, it doesn’t necessarily follow that they’re a wanker. Only to you. 

I’m just saying it as I see it. He comes across as a bit of an over hyped knob. 

• Sad 1

I would have loved to have gone to this. Huge fan of Fat Boy Slim and Basement Jax. Fair play to the guy for setting it up. It takes some courage to invest in a first event, especially in the current climate. My young fella went to Spain this week to a festival. He’ll not be happy knowing this was on at the weekend almost on his doorstep.

I might tell him I went…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’m just saying it as I see it. He comes across as a bit of an over hyped knob. 

So do you and all the constant complainers on here.

Have I seen it said you own a business as well?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

I didn't see anything on Facebook. Honestly don't know how you missed the posters, they're in just about every shop window. Some of them were still there today a half hour ago when I walked through.

They also had 3FM as their 'official media partner' so didn't exactly scrimp on it.

Andy Corrin is his name. Did try to do some digging but couldn't really find any information. He's from the island but don't think he lives here most of the time.

I didn’t see any poster and I actively avoid 3 fm because of their click bait social media bollocks.

My Mrs heard about it from someone at her work and so booked tickets .

Edited by Youaintseenme

I’m possibly key demographic for Norman and I saw lots of ads on Facebook. It’s not my style so I didn’t go but I did see a few photos pop up on my friends’ accounts. I wouldn’t say nobody knew about it. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I’m possibly key demographic for Norman and I saw lots of ads on Facebook. It’s not my style so I didn’t go but I did see a few photos pop up on my friends’ accounts. I wouldn’t say nobody knew about it. 

It’s the best way to go for a first one. You’re rarely going to make money first time round it’s all to see how it goes. Manifest did the same and Dark Horse. They started tiny and then got the first lot to tell their friends for next year and they increased the ticket sales. Now their audience grows year by year and they’ve got it just right now. Starting small also allows you to see what works and what doesn’t. So looking at the numbers I think they did great.

Nice work Andy Corrin (whoever you are)

PS -  Steady Eddie still thinks you are an over-hyped knob and a wanker. 

Edited by Roxanne
Change a word
  • Like 2