Metabolizm

20 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s the best way to go for a first one. You’re rarely going to make money first time round it’s all to see how it goes. Manifest did the same and Dark Horse. They started tiny and then got the first lot to tell their friends for next year and they increased the ticket sales. Now their audience grows year by year and they’ve got it just right now. Starting small also allows you to see what works and what doesn’t. So looking at the numbers I think they did great.

Nice work Andy Corrin (whoever you are)

PS -  Steady Eddie still thinks you are an over-hyped knob and a wanker. 

After the first full stop, not a single bit of that post is accurate 😂 Apart from the PS

7 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Well I didn’t see any and I’m in town every day first I heard of it was about 2:00 that afternoon when I bumped into a mate who said they were going. Also what is the demographic? Fat Boy Slim is 58 so I’d imagine the target ordinance are mostly 1990s ravers who are now in their 40s. So probably Facebook. 

You’d have to be blind and deaf not to have known about it. Posters were everywhere.

IMHO it was really good for a first attempt. The sound was good, the venue was good, the main acts were good - credit is due to the team that put it on, they did a great job. Quite a mix of ages there, 90s ravers and Gen-Z both there in numbers.

The bar queue was the only real talking point - on Saturday it went nowhere for a long time as people just randomly joined the queue in the middle on the way back from the toilets, and there didn't seem to be a quick-service can bar anywhere, so getting drinks took an hour. Next time I expect they'll have it sorted and the management team will learn from it and organise it better, but not at all bad for a first go. We were marvelling at how there were so many drunk people when it took so long to get drinks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

We were marvelling at how there were so many drunk people when it took so long to get drinks.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that one out!

• Haha 1

The drinks prices were good (except for at the gin bar) & the music was great, I couldn’t justify 2 days so listened to Example and Basement Jaxx in my garden. 
Andy is a really nice man, I hadn’t seen him for ooooh probably 20 years and he still made an effort to come over and chat to us and see what we thought of the event. Other people hold a bit of a do and walk around like they own the world and do glittershits (and he IS a wanker).

I didn’t see any drunk people, quite the opposite as I thought it was nice that there weren’t a load of wreck heads ruining it. 

Fat Boy Slim in the Isle of Man, hats off to them! Unless you’ve seen him at a house party that’s probably the most intimate gig you’ll ever see him play, we went to see him at Glastonbury x years ago, absolutely mobbed and it’s the same where ever he goes … except for the Isle of Man. Brilliant gig and the lady DJ who was on in the afternoon was good too, worth a little dance :)

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Jeez, bit rich you accusing somebody of not posting accurately...

MF is a tough place to be sometimes. 

Not sure how much of people here are just trolling or if they are actually the piece of work they come across as. 

This is not aimed at any particular poster and other posters may be so - each to their own 😁(and not this one despite it being a reply to them).

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Not sure how much of people here are just trolling or if they are actually the piece of work they come across as. 

This is not aimed at any particular poster and other posters may be so - each to their own 😁(and not this one despite it being a reply to them).

You should assess your own post count in the same way. You’re simply an agitator who gets all preachy when you can’t get your own way. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

You should assess you own post count in the same way. You’re simply an agitator who who gets all preachy when you can’t get you own way. 

I'm an agitator? I don't understand how. Possibly ignorance on my part but happy to be enlightened. I'm sure you will.

Regardless I do always try to post with good intent. I can't say the same for others. 

I'm sure you will also self reflect on these comments.

It's interesting you felt the need to reply though.

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

I'm an agitator? I don't understand how. Possibly ignorance on my part but happy to be enlightened. I'm sure you will.

Regardless I do always try to post with good intent. I can't say the same for others. 

I'm sure you will also self reflect on these comments.

It's interesting you felt the need to reply though.

Don't rise to it. It's projection. The best reply is no reply.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

It's cyclical. There are certain posters who return time after time with several names. One in particular gets banned with regularity and comes back with another persona. Their modus operandi is to inflame and to engage in relentless battles.

Follow your gut.

If it walks like a duck...

• Like 2