Nightime operations at Ago's leap

Omobono

Does anybody know what has been going on at ago's leap , a lot of activity  with police vehicles blocking  bottom of bray hill and  Selbourne drive , last light  looked like clandestine road  works taking place under the cover of darkness ,  area all floodlit  , anybody else see what was happening , ? 

21 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Does anybody know what has been going on at ago's leap , a lot of activity  with police vehicles blocking  bottom of bray hill and  Selbourne drive , last light  looked like clandestine road  works taking place under the cover of darkness ,  area all floodlit  , anybody else see what was happening , ? 

They suspect they have found where DA buried the shredded letter. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Omobono said:

It will be the same DOI crack team that repainted all the junction lines at the bottom of Royal Ave in Onchan years ago after someone got run over and killed after someone failed to stop at non existent stop junctions. 

• Thanks 1

According to Roadwatch:  Temporary closure requested by the Isle of Man Constabulary to allow for surveying.

Would assume as part of the investigations into the accidents at TT

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

With the MGP looming they had better get a wriggle on if the road needs sorting although I think inexperience was the thought behind the tragic events in the TT.

So you think two sidecar teams which killed three people were all inexperienced? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevster said:

According to Roadwatch:  Temporary closure requested by the Isle of Man Constabulary to allow for surveying.

Would assume as part of the investigations into the accidents at TT

Is it normal for the police to investigate such matters.

4 hours ago, Nellie said:

Yes, the Police gather evidence on behalf of the Coroner of Inquests. 

https://www.gov.im/categories/home-and-neighbourhood/coroners-officer/?iomg-device=Mobile

Understood. But given its a sporting event I am confused as to why the police would be involved weeks after the event and clearly there is no crime.

Unless, perhaps, they are assisting with forensic examination. 

• Like 1

One of the things the coroner will investigate, if there are pointers that it’s relevant ( new surface, more than one accident same location ) is whether the road contributed.

That will be carried out by police as coroners officers. There’s no need for there to be a crime.

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Is it normal for the police to investigate such matters.

6 hours ago, Nellie said:

Yes, the Police gather evidence on behalf of the Coroner of Inquests. 

https://www.gov.im/categories/home-and-neighbourhood/coroners-officer/?iomg-device=Mobile

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Understood. But given its a sporting event I am confused as to why the police would be involved weeks after the event and clearly there is no crime.

Unless, perhaps, they are assisting with forensic examination. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

One of the things the coroner will investigate, if there are pointers that it’s relevant ( new surface, more than one accident same location ) is whether the road contributed.

That will be carried out by police as coroners officers. There’s no need for there to be a crime.

I guess it also possible that some expert (s) has been brought in and the police may have also been facilitating the safety and security of the closed road. Maybe. 

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I guess it also possible that some expert (s) has been brought in and the police may have also been facilitating the safety and security of the closed road. Maybe. 

That would be done under Coroners Officer ( police ) facilitation and supervision. You’re over thinking and splitting hairs.

• Like 1

I would like to think that in the interest of impartiality  someone independent of the DOI will be carrying out the survey , I travel down Quarter bridge road every day  and in my opinion the shape and profile of the road  around Ago's leap appears to have changed  since the re surfacing , also the kerb is much higher  than it was before ,

might be fine at 30 MPH  but work on the TT course also has to take into account the speeds riders are travelling at ,