Nightime operations at Ago's leap

Omobono

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Both teams were newcomers to the sidecar race on the Island.    I would say the sidecar is the most challenging of all the races for myriad reasons.    The experienced teams, Crowe bros and the team the Birchall bros.that won the race have been taking part for years had no problems with this part of the course neither did any of the other competitors.   If there had been a mighty problem there the others would have noticed and said something whilst practicing, surely.   Inexperience and speed would contribute to misjudging the line to take it is and always has been a tricky spot.

Possible. But perhaps one of the biggest and tragic coincidences ever. 2 in successive races with no explanation? 

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Remarkably detailed knowledge, some might say.....

46 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

He only has to walk up his drive to survey it all. 

You only need eyes and a very rudimentary knowledge. 

Here's a guide

https://www.southlanarkshire.gov.uk/info/200177/regeneration/417/road_and_footpath_improvements/3

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Both teams were newcomers to the sidecar race on the Island.    

Not true. The driver of the crew in the second accident had raced here many times, and had started 19 previous sidecar races, between 2000 and 2017.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Not true. The driver of the crew in the second accident had raced here many times, and had started 19 previous sidecar races, between 2000 and 2017.

And it is alleged that other crews complained to race organisers  that their sidecars were pulled sharply  to the right on landing , perhaps someone can confirm this ?

12 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Passenger wasn't experienced though. 

I know one sidecar racer who pulled over at Quarterbridge on the first lap when his passenger tapped him on the shoulder to indicate he wasn't happy. Driver was happy to pull over as he didn't want to carry on without a passenger who was 100% committed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

And it is alleged that other crews complained to race organisers  that their sidecars were pulled sharply  to the right on landing , perhaps someone can confirm this ?

sidecars usually pull to one side upon landing , they aren't designed to jump.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:38 PM, Happier diner said:

Possible. But perhaps one of the biggest and tragic coincidences ever. 2 in successive races with no explanation? 

I think things are pointing towards two seperate causes with the same outcome, both machine related. Time will tell, both incidents were filmed. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, Omobono said:

I was stationed on TT course duties at Sulby Bridge when the 2nd race / incident at Ago's was red flagged, under red flags the Birchalls pulled in at Sulby Bridge and we were chatting with the TM(travelling marshal) and at that point we didn't know where the incident/accident was .... the conversation from the Birchalls was "I don't know what's changed at Ago's since the roadworks but whatever line we used to take the outfit would always keep straight on landing but now the outfit doesn't" ... i've been involved in all aspects of TT course racing for 40 odd years and never have I seen 2 exact same impact points in such a short period of time and in my 50 odd years of life i've learned that coincidences that have serious consequences are generally not coincidences. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Given that the sidecars draw much of their technology from short-circuit car racing it might be interesting to find out at which other and short circuits they and their car brethren get airborne in order to need to land again?

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Given that the sidecars draw much of their technology from short-circuit car racing it might be interesting to find out at which other and short circuits they and their car brethren get airborne in order to need to land again?

Biggin Hill ?

1 hour ago, Mr Noakes said:

the conversation from the Birchalls was "I don't know what's changed at Ago's since the roadworks but whatever line we used to take the outfit would always keep straight on landing but now the outfit doesn't" ... i've been involved in all aspects of TT course racing for 40 odd years and never have I seen 2 exact same impact points in such a short period of time and in my 50 odd years of life i've learned that coincidences that have serious consequences are generally not coincidences. 

I think they know this. But let’s face it if it’s got anything to do with the DOI we’ll never find out as their usual compulsive lying state will go into overdrive when confronted with trying to get to the bottom of three deaths they may have contributed to. 

10 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I think they know this. But let’s face it if it’s got anything to do with the DOI we’ll never find out as their usual compulsive lying state will go into overdrive when confronted with trying to get to the bottom of three deaths they may have contributed to. 

Not that you would be jumping to conclusions or anything then?

FGS. It's a road that has been resurfaced by an experienced contractor. Like I keep saying if the motorcycle road race community are not happy racing on ROADS then why dont they stop.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

FGS. It's a road that has been resurfaced by an experienced contractor. Like I keep saying if the motorcycle road race community are not happy racing on ROADS then why dont they stop.

Your DOI credentials are showing again 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

experienced contractor   LOL LOL LOL

• Like 1