They must be raking it in !!!

Manx17

Does anyone know, who’s idea it was to put you on a waiting list to get through to a Doctor on the telephone? £10.00 it has just cost to get through this morning. I tried different times of the day yesterday. To find a quieter period where they may answer a bit quicker, or less of a queue and it seems you have no option but pay a lot of money to the telephone provider. how many people have to phone their GP clinic a day. Going of the wait on the phone it must a lot of people. How much profit are they making of ill people?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Does anyone know, who’s idea it was to put you on a waiting list to get through to a Doctor on the telephone? £10.00 it has just cost to get through this morning. I tried different times of the day yesterday. To find a quieter period where they may answer a bit quicker, or less of a queue and it seems you have no option but pay a lot of money to the telephone provider. how many people have to phone their GP clinic a day. Going of the wait on the phone it must a lot of people. How much profit are they making of ill people?

Which Docs? I got kicked off my old Docs register recently as I moved a few years ago outside their catchment.  I've called the Docs for my catchment/close to work (Kensington) over 10 times and can't get through.   God knows how you get an appointment.  So currently in a developed first world nation, I am purely hoping I don't get sick anytime soon. 

Will probably attempt to get on the Private Docs surgery list that has just opened to be honest. 

40 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Which Docs? I got kicked off my old Docs register recently as I moved a few years ago outside their catchment.  I've called the Docs for my catchment/close to work (Kensington) over 10 times and can't get through.   God knows how you get an appointment.  So currently in a developed first world nation, I am purely hoping I don't get sick anytime soon. 

Will probably attempt to get on the Private Docs surgery list that has just opened to be honest. 

I find if you go in mid or late afternoon you can talk to the receptionists. It’s usually much calmer then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Which Docs? I got kicked off my old Docs register recently as I moved a few years ago outside their catchment. I've called the Docs for my catchment/close to work (Kensington) over 10 times and can't get through. God knows how you get an appointment. So currently in a developed first world nation, I am purely hoping I don't get sick anytime soon. 

Not being funny but have you tried attending in person and making any arrangements face to face with reception? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The UK and especially England is no longer a developed First World nation.  Just walk through any big city or town.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

The doctor's surgery won't be making any money, I suspect.  At a guess you're ringing them from a PAYG mobile and Manx Telecom (eg) charge 15p plus 48p per minute for a call to a landline.  Ring from a landline next time and/or get an inclusive tariff.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, quilp said:

Not being funny but have you tried attending in person and making any arrangements face to face with reception? 

But that would require face to face interaction!

To be honest, I will probably have to do this next time I have a free lunch hour. 

I did actually require urgent drugs a few months ago.  Used MEDS, was remarkably smooth, easy and efficient. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Which Docs?

Palatine group practice . It’s not against the staff as they have been wonderful. It more the telephone set up. Press this or press that one you this on the list. It is quite costly. It shouldn’t be costing £10.00 to make an appointment with your doctor. I hope you have better luck getting an appointment. It’s not good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The doctor's surgery won't be making any money, I suspect.  At a guess you're ringing them from a PAYG mobile and Manx Telecom (eg) charge 15p plus 48p per minute for a call to a landline.  Ring from a landline next time and/or get an inclusive tariff.

Oh gosh, I wasn’t thinking that . It was more what profits the telephone provider was making. I’m sure it will be them offering the service.

27 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Palatine group practice . It’s not against the staff as they have been wonderful. It more the telephone set up. Press this or press that one you this on the list. It is quite costly. It shouldn’t be costing £10.00 to make an appointment with your doctor. I hope you have better luck getting an appointment. It’s not good.

I’m not overkeen with Palatine telephone menu service, I go in person, though it’s difficult as they have been short staffed …………. down to .,………… COVID. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Any sensible person would have put the phone down after a couple of minutes

9 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Any sensible person would have put the phone down after a couple of minutes

A lot of people are probably not attempting to phone a GP  and using A and E instead. I wouldn’t say lots of people have a spare tenner to blow away in the wind.

1 hour ago, Eris said:

The UK and especially England is no longer a developed First World nation.  Just walk through any big city or town.

And all because of the EU. Thank God we're out eh, we can start to rebuild now especially since we've got that £350M a week back? 😂😂

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

My friend has exactly the same issue, a call to make an appointment gobbles up all the credit.  I have suggested doing it by email but the surgery don't accept that, apparently.