Ghost Busting

therattopack

Evening all! 

So my friend has bought a property in which I have also lived in recently, and there is a ghost of what we think is an elderly lady in there. 

She is a very spiritual person and has a habit of attracting ghosts, and she just wants a little bit of insight in to who this lady is, and how to send her away peacefully without causing the family of this lady any upset.

All we know is that at some point in time, this poor lady moved in to a house on Ballahane Close, Port Erin, and tragically fell down the stairs and died.

My partner did see the shadow of her in the lounge, and my friend’s appliances keep getting turned on, and she can smell imperial leather soap! 

Does anyone have any information that they can share with us? 

11 minutes ago, therattopack said:

Evening all! 

So my friend has bought a property in which I have also lived in recently, and there is a ghost of what we think is an elderly lady in there. 

She is a very spiritual person and has a habit of attracting ghosts, and she just wants a little bit of insight in to who this lady is, and how to send her away peacefully without causing the family of this lady any upset.

All we know is that at some point in time, this poor lady moved in to a house on Ballahane Close, Port Erin, and tragically fell down the stairs and died.

My partner did see the shadow of her in the lounge, and my friend’s appliances keep getting turned on, and she can smell imperial leather soap! 

Does anyone have any information that they can share with us? 

The only bit of info I can offer is to grow up and stop believing in fairy stories…

• Haha 2

On 8/9/2022 at 11:11 PM, therattopack said:

She is a very spiritual person and has a habit of attracting ghosts

This is a self fulfilling prophecy. Because she is spiritual, believes she attracts ghosts and knows about the old ladies death, a ghost appears.

The shadow could have been anything. Humans have a tendency to subconsciously seek out familiar visual shapes. It's called Pareidolia. It's why we see elephants in the clouds, Jesus in a slice of toast, faces in the pixellation of old blurry images, . We are hardwired to seek out these shapes and patterns and have no control over it.

As for the appliances, if they really are turning on by themselves then I highly recommend an electrician over an exorcist as there could be an issue with the appliance which could result in a house fire. It's more likely though your friend is turning things on, maybe by knocking it or forgetting about it and then later putting it down to spirits. However, have them checked out. Your life isn't worth putting down to woo.

Imperial leather soap is used by many people and will be more likely a random smell in the house that you are associating (remember hardwired to do this) with imperial leather as thats the closest thing your mind can link to the smell. Then, your mind is further linking imperial leather = old people = old ghost woman.

Even when people claim to hear a ghost walking around, they tend to forget that when a house heats and cools it actually expands and contracts, causing all manner of bumps, noises, groans, creaks etc. Neighbours wandering around next door might be amplified through the wall, making it sound like there is someone walking around in the hallway.

It's always best to look at all other possibilities before you think "ghost".

Also, random message to any mediums or psychics reading this.

You are all frauds and con artists and should be ashamed of yourselves. You con innocent people out of large sums of money by pretending you can speak to the dead. You can't. The dead are dead. No, it's not contacting the beyond by walking round a room claiming that the spirits are tell you a name begins with the letter B and then going "Harry thats its its Harry".  You are deceitful deceitful liars who should take a good long look at themselves. If you lot can speak to the dead or see into the future, why haven't you won the lottery yet.

• Like 2

If you're seeing strange visual disturbances, becoming conscious that devices have turned on without remembering turning them on, and smelling strange chemical smells, then you should get the house checked for carbon monoxide leaking from the flue or heating boiler, or from something that you're bringing from house-to-house with you (like a gas bottle heater). There have been multiple cases of people reporting "supernatural" experiences related to carbon monoxide, including a Redditor who reported repeatedly finding sinister lists written in their own handwriting that they had no awareness of ever having written, and things mysteriously moving around their apartment. The Redditor was advised to get a detector and they later posted that there was a level of 100ppm in their apartment, and it had been inducing memory loss and hallucinations.

Edited by The Bastard
  • Like 1