Gary Robert’s’ annual report

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

I would agree with that if the evidence showed even one accident, let alone death caused by a stoned driver.  If people use cannabis for pain relief the levels in the blood would be testing positive days after with no impairment to their driving.

This is a law against people who have used cannabis at any the time, not to prevent accidents. We also doubled the UK sentencing guidelines.

There are plenty of legally prescribed (by the GP) drugs where people are advised not to drive and in some cases should they have an accident would still be liable for their actions. I think the use of the phrase "Stoned driver" is exactly why this law and technology is needed. I agree medicinal cannabis needs thought and care about how the law is implemented, in much the same way as prescribed drugs I outlined above. If someone gets off their head and knowingly drives, then they should be prosecuted !

6 hours ago, cissolt said:

I would agree with that if the evidence showed even one accident, let alone death caused by a stoned driver.  If people use cannabis for pain relief the levels in the blood would be testing positive days after with no impairment to their driving.

This is a law against people who have used cannabis at any the time, not to prevent accidents. We also doubled the UK sentencing guidelines.

Yeah you're pretty much wrong but you continue as it is amusing

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lightening McQueen said:

I read that burglaries are down by 40%, could this be due to people working from home and being put on furlough, rather than any action from the boys and girls in blue?

Almost certainly, there has been a huge change in working arrangements since Covid, but also there has been some pretty drastic lifestyle changes, a lot of people came to appreciate that time at home/spent with family was more valuable than grafting away for 40+ hours a week just to pay for a fancy car or a big house.

2 hours ago, asitis said:

There are plenty of legally prescribed (by the GP) drugs where people are advised not to drive and in some cases should they have an accident would still be liable for their actions. I think the use of the phrase "Stoned driver" is exactly why this law and technology is needed. I agree medicinal cannabis needs thought and care about how the law is implemented, in much the same way as prescribed drugs I outlined above. If someone gets off their head and knowingly drives, then they should be prosecuted !

I know of someone that passed their driving test whilst ‘high’ , so what do you make of that? 

7 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I know of someone that passed their driving test whilst ‘high’ , so what do you make of that? 

What do you mean by” I know of”

If you were told of this OK

But if you know ( rather than “know of”) this person who passed their driving test whilst in this state I would suggest you end your acquaintance with them as they are clearly not a responsible person.

What would you make of someone that passed their driving test whilst “drunk” ?

Not much I would imagine.

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What would you make of someone that passed their driving test whilst “drunk” ?

Being high on cannibis and being drunk on alcohol are two totally different states of being. Apples and oranges.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Being high on cannibis and being drunk on alcohol are two totally different states of being. Apples and oranges.

That’s as maybe. 
But are you suggesting being high on cannabis does not adversely affect your ability to drive?

(Serious question never having driven when high.)

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That’s as maybe. 
But are you suggesting being high on cannabis does not adversely affect your ability to drive?

(Serious question never having driven when high.)

It would definitely affect your ability to drive and no one should do it.

The concern many have is when exactly you would pass one of those drugwipe things. Smoke a J, don't drive for 3 hours even though the effects have worn off after 1.5, but probably fail a drug wipe after 6. Bad bad bad.

The blood alcohol level is well understood, the information about how slow it leaves your system etc is freely available and has been for years. That information is not as available for the public to accurately assess themselves when it comes to other things, yet they have brought in a system that can result in strong punishment. 

Another example of wanting to do the 'right' thing without really thinking it through.

• Like 2