The News courtesy of Manx Radio

hissingsid

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

And Brindley.

He is actually quite good for a weird big kid type, but the standard has been set so diabolically low with wint and old bollock peters, and that ex RAF bloke who has a dull radio name to hide his equally dull real name is proper creepy, it's no wonder they can't recruit normal staff.

13 hours ago, AOR said:

I'm an avid BBC Radio4 listener. When Neil Younis first appeared I thought they were taking the piss. Well I suppose in a way they were. It's the BBC sticking a big two fingers up at British convention, being as that is what the BBC does best these days.

I've never had any problem understanding Neil Nunes's diction.  The only problem I have is that he has such a deep, beautiful voice that you get distracted by the sound of it and think he's advertising a particularly luxurious brand of chocolate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, manxlass said:

I turn off if I hear her. Her pronunciation of place names etc really annoys me.

Yea hard to believe they couldn’t find someone whose first language was English to read the news on a local radio station. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is why the station is like hospital radio with Michael Mouse overtones and should not be supported by taxpayers money if it had to stand on its own two feet it would sharpen its performance.   It works under the illusion that young people are listeners…..they are not.    

• Like 4